Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hi Kazzzza ... from Heathrow to Glasgow International, you have the choice of BA or BMI. From Stansted, you have Easyjet or Flyglobespan. From Luton, you have Easyjet. And from Stansted to Glasgow Prestwick, you have Ryanair.

David :wave
KAZZZZA,

The only flights from LCY are to Edinburgh, not Glasgow. This is with Scot Airways and BA.

BA from Heathrow might not be the cheapest option, what about Easyjet from Stanstead or Luton?

Darren
Thank you for you replys. :D
Heathrow is easier to get to, Luton is far as is Stanstead, Gatwick.
I found some BA flights from £15.99, and Ryanair from £5.99. :shock:
I am planning on staying between Old Kilpatrick and Duntocher, so I would need to fly into Glasgow.

Kazza
Ryanair would be from Stansted to Glasgow Prestwick, so definitely not as convenient for you as Glasgow International.

I know it's all a matter of personal choice, but I personally wouldn't fly from London to Glasgow unless you can get a real bargain which beats the cost of travelling by rail. When you take account of the travel time from home to the airport, your check in time at the airport, the flight duration, the time spent at baggage reclaim on arrival, travel time from airport to final destination etc, you may actually be much quicker and financially better off travelling by train.

Hi Dave,
How much is it by train?
But it seems so long to be sitting around on a train, Blackpool was long enough.
I live about 45 mins by train from Gatwick.
Luton about 1.5 hours roughly.

Do I still need my passport for Scotland?

BA was about £60 return including taxes.

Kazza
Easyjet offer flights from Luton and Stansted to Glasgow Intl.
Air Berlin and Flyglobespan fly Stansted to Glasgow Intl.
Ryanair fly to Prestwick from Stansted.
British Airways fly to Glasgow from Gatwick and Heathrow.
BMI fly Heathrow to Glasgow.

Edinburgh is only 45 mins by train to Glasgow.
Gatwick to Edinburgh by Easyjet and British Airways.
Heathrow to Edinburgh with BMI and British Airways.
London City to Edinburgh with Scotairways and British Airways.
Stansted to Edinburgh with Flyglobespan and Easyjet.
Luton to Edinburgh with Easyjet.

Scotairways also serve Dundee from London City but can be expensive.

Do I still need my passport for Scotland?

You will need photo ID to fly, only forms of ID that are accepted are Photo Driving licence or Passport
Hi Kazza ... I believe that the fastest London/Glasgow trains are now around 4hrs 25mins, hence my suggestion that it may be quicker than flying, when you take account of the travel time to/from airports, check in time, etc. But obviously much will depend on how close you live to one of the mainline stations. Rail fares are advertised from £13.50 single, but presumably that is for off peak services. It would be best to check locally for fares and availability on your chosen dates.

Thank you Golden eye. That infomation is vey helpful, I am going to write it all down so we can all decide where to travel from.
I would rather fly than travel by train.
I will take my passport :wink:

Thanks David, I do live near to Waterloo, and all the other main lines are not far from me.
But I would rather fly, though I do understand what you mean about waiting around for luggage etc.....
I would go on with a small bag, and put in over head lockers.

Kazza
Enjoy your trip north Kazzzza, no matter how you get here. You'll be staying very nearly on my doorstep when you arrive. Old Kilpatrick is only minutes from where I live.
hi if you fly with ryanair the airport is conected with a tunel to the station and you can get a train staight to glasgow central the trains run every half hour and you get your train ticket half price if you show your flight ticket it takes about 40mins on the train to the centre of glasgow . hope this is of help as i know its cheeper to fly to glasgow prestwick.
If you fly in to Prestwick and use the half price ticket to Glasgow, you can easily then get a train from Glasgow to either Old Kilpatrick or Dalmuir (depending on the exact location you are staying) and I think this would probably work out the fastest and cheapest method.

Graham
Thank you, maybe it would be a good idea to go with Ryanair.
I am going to see what the difference is, I don't mind paying extra to get there quickly.

Jade I have spoke to two other ladies who live inbetween Old Kilpatrick and Duntocher, and now I have found a third one, you :lol:
I will proberly know lots of you the time I travel to Scotland.

Kazza
Discussion regarding accommodation transferred here:
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=62525

Thanks everyone for you advice on flights etc...
We have decided to fly from Heathrow with BMI.

Now I just have to sort out the accomadation.

Kazza
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.