Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
If you don't get any response in this forum peatr try posting in our flights forum further towards the bottom of the main page. :tup
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewforum.php?f=38
Hi peatr,

Early October's very late in the season.

Balkan Holidays timetable shows the last flights back to the UK (Scottish airports) as follows:

Aberdeen - 02/11/2010
Edinburgh - 27/09/2010
Glasgow - 10/10/2010
Inverness - 16/08/2010

Wizz Air fly from Luton to Burgas and currently have scheduled flights from £41.99 outbound and £67.99 inbound for early October.

Otherwise, you are likely to have to fly to Sofia or Varna and arrange a transfer from there to Burgas - unless Ryan Air's rumoured service to Plovdiv is operational by October.
Very helpful Baldur many thanks for you research :tup
It has been pointed out to me that the Balkan Holidays brochure shows the last flight of the season back to Aberdeen as 02/10/2010, which is at variance with the date of 02/11/2010 currently shown on their website.

I would say that the brochure date is the more likely of the two, as the resort is likely to be a ghost town by the middle of October.
Yes, I phoned Balkan to confirm, so it looks like the Bulgaria plan is a non-starter,
thanks for your efforts.
You can go with Easyjet, Glasgow-Luton, then use Wizz. The connection times look good this year.
I looked at it for March as I wanted to see if some repairs had been done. Worked out about £210 in total.

Phoned my mate and got him to check my flat instead..........much cheaper.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.