Spain - Canary Islands - Lanzarote Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Lanzarote.
Welcome to HT Bagman :wave
You may find some useful recommendations HERE :wink:
I'll try a Google search for the email address.

Pippy :D
I've looked through ten pages and haven't been able to find the email address.
Sorry!

Pippy :D
Hello I am Italian, last week of April to go Floresta I hope that I say and above all I would like to know if the beach is very windy. Hello
e-mail: reservas@aptfloresta.com
I stayed at Floresta about two years ago.It's a nice group of apartments almost on top of the playa pocillos beach and just beside a supermarket.It's a quiet area but you can get a taxi to PDC for less than €3.
It's predominantly a german area but recently Irish holidaymakers have been travelling to Floresta with Budget travel.
I stayed in mid March and didn't find the beach windy at all. I must say I really liked it.
There's a superb restaurant called Leneghans just adjacent to it, nice for special occasions, and they often cater for small weddings there, but you will need a reservation.
The apartments are spacious and kept clean and the large pool is heated if I recall.
Certainly recommended for a relaxing holiday.
Sins
Hi GALATEAF, Thanks for the email address,it can be windy at times,it usally comes from the north,it can also be very hot if it blows in from africa. Hope to see you there,we arrive on the 27/04/2008,our first time at the floresta,check out Autoreisen carhire.
Hi,

I stayed at the Floresta a few years ago now. It the main it was nice, just couple of small things really. Plugs for the sink..... didn't have a single one on the apartment and stuggled to get the Spanish speaking reception to understand what it was we wanted lol. We got there in the end.
Sun beds, I wouldn't say that the 'towel laying' ceremony in the early hours to bag the best parts of the pool areas, is a 'german' thing. When we stayed there were mixture, of German, Swiss, Austrian and Spanish staying there (we were one of about 3 Brit families there). We found the whole towel thing quite amusing really and despite that we still managed to get round the kids pool.
Finally the restaurant, if you have kids who don't mind eating anything, then Im sure they would be fine, we went self catering so went outside the complex everyday for dinner etc. But we did notice that the food was very much aimed at the German style of cooking e.g. wiener schnitzel etc.
Also the kids club was run by a German holiday firm, and they did not speak English. That may have been because there were no English kids in it, but couldn't swear to it.
As I said, the apartment was clean, well laid out, everything we needed, so none of ther other stuff was a show stopper to us as we prefer to eat out at different places..... but just in case these are things you need to know!
Stayed 27/04/2008 to 04/05/2008.A.I. me & wife.room very good,bedroom,bathroom with bath/shower hairdryer,no shaving mirror.lounge with kitchenette fridge aircon tv coffee maker.pools 1 kiddy 1 adult good but cold,nice sunbathing area lots sunbeds but a lot broke.only 1 bar ,one side open during the day(smoking allowed) other side opened at night,which inclueded entertainment lounge,entertainment very poor.dinning room nice,plenty of tables,food some very good some poor(chips with every meal inclueding breky,some dishes repeated nearly every day,uneaten food put back out the next day yuk)all staff good.every area kept clean,no roaches.
If anyone recently returned would like to add to our reviews (we have none from this year) please do so HERE :tup

Pippy :)
Thinking of going to these apartments next Feb, could anybody please tell me is one of the pools heated or not, as have came across different reports.
Also would it be possible to walk to the centre of PDC and if so how long would it take you.

Thanks Tom
Hi Tgilmour,stayed there A.I.28/04/08,hotel great,food good,staff good,pools cold,location good,beach great all most across the road,P.D.C 25min walk for a 55yr old(did it most days),airport about the same(stand under the flight path & they go right over your head),entertainment poor.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.