General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Hi,we have been to Ibiza several times and not had bad tummies,I think most places use bottled water for their ice cubes,we don't eat out much as we usually go all inclusive so cannot comment on food really.We only eat wrapped lollies or ice cream whether we are in England or abroad as I sometimes think that hygiene practises are not that good with ice cream machines and serving implements.I also only ever use bottled water for drinking or cleaning my teeth.Hope this helps,T.
hi
still the same with the water and ask if the ice cbes are not from tap water most now a days are ok regarding salad was in ibiza last year and had no problems with that at all .
where are you going in ibiza. we were in es cana and had a lovely time .
Thanks for your answers - nice to be re-assured! Myra313 - We're also going to Es Cana and am keeping my fingers crossed that everyone will enjoy themselves!
This brought back memories - I remember buying bottled water to make tea, coffee and to brush my teeth! Don't worry anymore but I do go to Mallorca quite a lot and have maybe got used to it. I think what you have to remember is the mineral content in the water is quite different from England and therefore it may be worth being a careful with what you drink the first few days.

I've lost count of the number of people who have an upset tummy and blame it on the water and never mention the fact they are drinking alcohol every day, eating excessively and laying in the sun dawn 'til dusk. :duh
I also think the fact that water is different to what your used to means you may get an upset tummy. It doesn't mean it isn't safe! It would be the same for a Spainish person changing to uk water! We clean our teeth with Spanish water and have a wash but we always use bottled water for the kettle or dinking etc. If you go to the super market you can pick up 5 litres of bottled water for less than 1.5 euros!
I agree with Chivas. We use tap water for washing and cleaning our teeth etc but always drink bottled water in tea, squash etc. Apart from the fear of getting an upset tummy, the water does taste quite salty.

Ive never worried about ice cubes in drinks and as long as the restaurant you are eating in looks clean and well looked after, I (personally) wouldnt worry about salad etc.

I think common sense is a must when you visit somewhere new.

Sarah :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.