Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
hi

Myself as a turkish I really didnt understand which meal you told about. If you have any picture of that meal, I think I ll tell you the name of the meal. Maybe you tell about a speacial turkish meal called ALI NAZIK (Meaning Ali is kind)that I like to eat :D
Here a picture of ali nazik for you

http://img.blogcu.com/uploads/cedene_ali_nazik.jpg

Enjoy your party

Mustafa
Hi a friend of mine who is turkish married to scots lass , make this sort of thing for barbecues it is a tomato salsa dip ,called Acili Ezme ,great on small pieces of toast ,or as a sauce for kebabs . hope this helps you .

Bluepeterno1
That's exactly what i was after guys, thankyou very much. All done. In the fridge ready for tomorrow night:D.
Mustafa that meal looks nice though, could you give me a recipe please?
Thanx, X
i think it is called meze
made with onions,garlic,tomato paste,chopped tomatoes,onions,chili peppers
my wife makes it every now and again
the chef in a restaurant shown her how to do it
very nice side dish
hi i hope your party went well...ali nazik is a kind of kebab dish..the one you were after is the one peter said..ezme..this simply means puree or crushed ..and acılı ezme hot puree...you can also make it without the pepper.
somebody mentioned Meze...this is a general name for starters..and there are hundreds in Turkish food...my favourite is humus..a puree from chick peas,also another one ceviz biber..crushed walnuts with hot chilli paste topped with nar ekÅŸisi..which is a thick sweet sour syrup made from pomegranates.
:cheers
reading all these is making me feel hungry.

I hope you enjoyed your party, i might have ago at making if myself.
JCarey 2536, could you possibly give me the recipe for the dish your wife makes, we are just back from Marmaris and all the family loved this!

Thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.