Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
You will need to go into Hurghada m8. Try papas bar in Sekalla as it has a big screen and always shows the main game. Plenty of shops nearby and macdonalds for the kids.

regards

stew
Thanks Chelsea1. Hoping to be at Anfield for your boys on 18th August. Is it far from Makadi to Hurgada and are taxis etc cheap & plentiful?
Will give you an update on the prices as I am going to makadi palace early August. Most hotels run a shuttle service for little or no charge. In april I was having to barter hard for a taxi for 70E so I guess to aim for around 80 to 100E. As for plentiful I think that would be an understatement. Every other car is one although this year there is lots of brand new orange and blue one's. I don't know why, perhaps they are regulating them??? :)
Just to let you know I've just returned. If you stand your ground and barter you'll get one for 80e, but don't pay more than 100e :)
Thanks Stew.
Hope you had a nice time away.

We are getting a bit more excited as we begin our Nile Cruise in less than three weeks time and then head for a weeks relaxation in Makadi. After the summer we have had we are looking forward to wall to wall sunshine! :D

Needless to say we were robbed by Rob Styles at the weekend!!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.