Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
Hi we stayed at the Talayot last year and went into Forcat every night to eat. Sa Calderetta (Pink Shirts) and The Grandfather (yellow shirts) were both nice restaurants and I can remember them both doing a good steak. These are next door to each other and right down the bottom of the main road.

Also down from the Vista Picas next to the little train and trampolines I think the restaurant was called the Cala'n'Forcat restaurant a little bit more pricey than the others but the food was lovely with some unusual menu choices (Steak and Strawberries - sounds strange but was nice) also these served potatoes provided you weren't too late which made a change from chips.

Closer to the apartments and at the back of X block there was a resturant I think Giovanni's - you could go for the daily menu for about E6.50 for 3 courses (smaller portions) or the main menu which was usually served with jacket potato. Again the food was nice.

Apart from the beach we didn't venture into Blanes and I don't think there are many restaurants there. Plenty in Forcat to choose from.

One thing to watch out for the walk from the Talayots with a buggy isn't brilliant some of the paths are really narrow and you can't fit more than the buggy on them.

Hope you enjoy your hols, would recommend hiring a car and trying Cala Galdana (beach perfect for little ones) and Cala'n'Bosch - just been there in June and going back again next year.
Thanks for the comments and recommendations Chalky.

A couple of those restaurants have been mentioned on another forum that I found. Are there places that I should definitely avoid ?
There were always mixed comments about L'Ancora so we decided not to try. The only one we definately wouldn't go back to was the Chinese in the middle of the resort which overlooked a sort of open air church. We weren't impressed and there were people there at the same time who walked out.

Can't remember the name of one of the restaurants but it was right on the corner about the middle of the resort and I remember their childrens menu had everything served in a cardboard bus or airoplane which certainly kept our little one amused.

Most of the restaurants have the same menus so once we found our favourites we tended to stick to them.

Any other queries just ask. Chalky
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.