Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
These fires tend to happen every year. I remember the first time I saw it I was really quite worried but I got a bit more used to it after that.
Down to one helicopter now but still going 3 hours later!
A photo of them in action from a few years ago. They use Kamov helicopters and now have a couple of CL215 water bombers that the Turkish authorities bought from Buffalo Airways in Canada. They are based in Izmir as far as I know and do a great job. It's always fascinating watching them.

Darren
Yeah that's them! They were deafening when they flew overhead - they were so low! It was like rain feeling the spray from the water lol!
I think there is a helicopter based up in Beldibi. We've seen them out a lot recently and the fire trucks. The high winds are blowing the electric cables around and the sparks are setting the dry grass on fire. The waste ground up the lane from us was ablaze the other day from electric sparks and up on the main road near Kosem restaurant.
im in beldibi and the helicopter base is just down the rd
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.