Camping and Caravanning UK and Europe

Discussions regarding camping and caravanning in the UK and the rest of Europe.
bedddgelert
5 Posts
Not stayed there ..but the site is really nice.....short walk to the village center......great walking country.

If you get the weather then you should have a great time ....take some midge repellent just in case you can get a few of the little buggers about. but It should not spoil your break , Think I might even give it a try myself this year ...

Regards Steve....................................
We haven`t actually BEEN there, but have driven through the village a couple of times, and it`s lovely, definitely on the agenda as somewhere to stop next time we`re in Snowdonia.
ok going to beddgelert in a few days in a tent with electric hook up. ive seen the site on google to try and get a good idea of layout of the park but cant tell very much from that. has anyone one been or got any pics of the place, or can give me a rough idea of the layout, ie where electric hook ups are any info gratefully recieved. thanks
just returned from beddgelert forest holidays. on first look thought it was ok, but then this was our very first camping trip. the pitch was meant to be 'PREMIUM' which just means it has an electric hook up, there are only 6 of these for tents. the grass was a bit worn with soil showing through, but didnt think to much of that. gloriious weather for 2 days then the heavens opend. now i expected to get a bit muddy but not bogged down like we did. apparently 'good' sites prepare your pitch when last guest has left so you havent got a muddy pitch to start with, these didnt as many other campers were complaining. it got so bad as we had to leave a day early. also found out that the site had told head office about state of pitches and to inform guests to see if they want to come or not, i even heard a receptionist on the phone this mornining to a customer that they advise not to come, we were never told that.
any way, site is ok and great for kids if the weather is good, if not, its a muddy bog(no proper drainage so im told)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.