EX-Pats and Owners Abroad

Discussions for EX-Pats and owners abroad or those who are considering this idea.
YEh a company called Villapack do it. They sent us a brochure. After some research and using this forum, we decided not to use them. We looked at one of there packages and worked out they would charge us around £10,000 to furnish a 3 bed apt. Not only did we furnish our apt we also managed to include Air/con and 32" widescreen tv plus video player and DVD player for just over £10,000.
We bought most of our furniture from Moviflor in Portugal. But also used Algarve Shopping in Faro and the shopping complex in Giua.
If you want any further info let me know.
Mick,
Thanks for the tip. How long did it take to finish the bulkier items and did they deliver everything? If you are a permanent resident you can wait for a delivery but as i am limited as to when i will be there it seems the only logical way for me is to buy a package
I'm not permanent. We went over in December and ordered all the bulky items to be delivered at OUR specified date in January. We also paid a little extra to have the items built/put together on delivery. This saved a lot of hassle. It all went very well. They always kept their promises. :)
For smaller items we hired an estate car and purchased them ourselves.
Most of the soft furnishings we brought over from the uk eg: Curtains, bedspreads etc.
Mick
We have just got back from the Algarve and I am pleased to say I signed the deeds last Wednesday :lol: . The bank account was a nightmare :evil: but we got it sorted. It took us 8 weeks in total from seeing the place and signing the deeds. Hope your place is going ok and you got yours signed for!
Congrats Julie. Aye we signed up on the 9th of June took 9 months. Upside was we were renting from April and paying no mortgage. downside was the not knowing. Was your lawyer good? And spoke good english? Be good to get details as I can recommend him/her to other people. :)
Mick, Was interested to read that all went well with Moviflor. We were out in the Algarve last week and ordered the main items, sofas, beds,dining table from Moviflor - paid a deposit and want delivery at the end of August when our renovations will be completed (so the builder assures us!) Our place is down a track with no street name so it was a nightmare trying to give them directions but here's hoping all will be OK
maggie-may

We don't have a street name but Conforama found ours ok so I would't worry
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.