Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
I would also really like to know about this because I booked this hotel through Manos 2 days ago and nothing was mentioned to me.
I've just emailed Brian Gaffino and have also 'phoned Nicholas at Betty's Beach Shade, who's going to take a walk down there for me to find out what's going on. As soon as I get a response I'll let you know.
hi, got back from Gaffino's last friday, it was fine when i left, in fact its the best accomodation i've had in Goa (third time). food was great, rooms were great and staff were fantastic. i had a quick look through the kitchen door and was impressed by all the gleaming stainless steel. it can't be true, surely.
I hope it's not true but cannot seem to find out. Our friends were informed yesterday and they are travelling as we speak -- watch this space!
hi again, they have a very smart sister hotel just down the road, its called the Morbor beach resort, if gaffino's was closed which i doubt, they migh move you there. i just found a picture of Gaffino's here's the 2 phone numbers on the front of the building....871430 and 871441.
Thanks for the numbers Gruff. Got a 'phone call from Nicholas this morning -- Gaffinos still open so my booking for my son is okay. Seemingly Manos are not using the hotel though.
Hi all,

Manos may have stopped using this accommodation but it is still available through MyTravel for this season 2005/06 and next 2006/07. I am looking at this place for next year.

MrsMac
Thanks for this info Mrs Mac. Suggest anyone who wants to stay at Gaffinos gets a quote direct from them. My son is paying £10 per night for B&B, which is a fantastic price for such a fantastic place. I have their email address should anyone like to make an enquiry.

Feel much better now -- Gaffinos was one of the first places to open in Cavelossim so it would be such a shame to see it go.
Hi again,

Not so good news. I have just been on Mytravel web site to try and book this accommodation and half way through my booking the hotel has been withdrawn !!. Mytravel web helpdesk have no record of Gaffinos on their system and it seems to have been wiped from Manos internal site also. The plot thickens, the helpdesk guy knew nothing re "shut down for health and safety reasons" ah well back to the drawing board for me...

Mrs Mac
If I were you I would consider getting flight only and book direct. Don't know if you've been to this hotel before but it is a gem of a place and was one of the first in Cavelossim and run by a local family. If I can help you at all please let me know.
Linda McShane wrote:
If I can help you at all please let me know.

Thanks Linda,

Such a shame they have withdrawn the place for whatever reason. I think we will just go for flight onlys and get our own accommodation. My parents and friends are out there just now and we have access to accomodation, but this was a compromise to placate my hubby. As it will be our first time he would have liked to book a package with an agent. I get where he is coming from as we have a couple of kids and he likes the ABTA/ATOL protection idea.

MrsMac
Hello I am going to goa on 30th of november 2006 and staying at gaffinos.I booked this holiday through manos.Does anyone know anything about the hotel not being used anymore?
andy5and wrote:
Does anyone know anything about the hotel not being used anymore?

Hi Andy,

When we we discussing this acommodation back in January the guy I spoke to on the help desk said that the company were probably renegotiating the contract with the property. I have no idea what the outcome was. If you are at all worried you should contact your tour op direct.

cheers MrsMac
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=69310&highlight=gaffino

The last i saw was that in March.
I emailed them direct to make a booking and got no reply at that time.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.