General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Hi perfume ... it would be best that you check with your airline, as these items may not be allowed in hand or hold baggage.

David :wave
when i worked on check in
gas curlers etc had to go in hold luggage, and you were only allowed 1 cartridge of gas. (no spares)
ali
It does seem to vary between airlines Ali, that's why I feel it's better to check with the airline concerned, to avoid any last minute problems at the airport.

David :wave
I'll check it out before I go.
david,
when i was on check in these were not the airline rules these are rules laid on by the powers of be.
ciggie lighters and matches are another you can only carry 1 in your handbaggage and none in your hold luggage.
ali
Hi,

I also have a gas styler and everytime I have been told to put it into the hold luggage. I did carry it in my hand luggage for the first time a couple of years ago but was told to put it into my hold luggage but change it before you go as previous members tell you you are not allowed any spares.

Just a warning for smokers, the cheap cigarette lighters that you get off stalls ie 5 for 1 pound are not allowed onto aircraft - you know the see through ones.

Always get one like a clipper that is not see through.
does anyone take these tongs or hotbrush abroad with them, they are the portable ones with the gas canisters. Where should you pack them when flying ?
In your check in luggage Mags
Hi Mags

Packed my straighteners in the suitcase and the gas canister (which is only small), in my handbag!

Carol
Hi Mags

I have always been told to put them in my checked in luggage. You can't take an extra canister though - and it always seems to run out quicker abroad.

Gail
Have always packed curling tongs and gas in hand luggage, dozens of times and numerous carriers no problems - except when I took a spare gas as well - that was taken off me. Don't know why I took a spare anyway, one new gas cannister is more than enough for 2 weeks. I even have my hairspray in my hand luggage although my son once had a spray deodorant taken off him - he must look shifty!
:P
Yeah,returned from Turkey last week.
I had a brand new cannister in the hot brush in my hand luggage,as you are not supposed to put it in your suitcase and not allowed to take a cannister unless it`s in the brush.
we were made to open our case and put them in our checked luggage not to bad now we,ve found somewere in benidorm that sells them not bad after searching for years
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.