Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Re: GB Airways
266 Posts
It will be interesting to hear how people find it flying with Easy Jet, especially when they have been used to using BA.

I don't think I would consider flying with them again, as I have to go in school holidays, and I dont have children, however, if reports were good on the longer flights I might reconsider for another year.
A further update.

A few days ago, I found out that my children would be going back to school one day earlier in September than published by the LEA Authority. This was the day we were flying home. As my Son is changing Schools this September, I really needed to come back.

Seven of us were booked to come back.

I phoned Easyjet to see if some of us could come back one day earlier and asked what the cost would be.

Nearly dropped off the chair, when they said they would change it at no cost, for us.

Easyjet earned some Brownie points there.
That is really good news and I'm so pleased for you. It does make a change to find a company which is starting to actually help customers.
I'm getting really cross with BA. I didn't want to transfer to EJ so cancelled but when they refunded me they took a cancellation fee of £80 off the refund amount. I am still struggling to get this back as no one wants to speak to me. It was a miles plus money booking, so is dealt with differently...Has anyone else had trouble with this??
Hi all... :wave:
Well what an experience I have had over the past few weeks with Easyjet... Gb airways... I originally booked a holiday through lastminute.com just because my partner at work won a £2000 voucher to use with them... Because I could only use the voucher online the only direct flights from the Uk were to palma, majorca from london gatwick bearing in mind im from newcastle so its a 5 hour car journey... Decided to pay a bit extra and booked a british airways flights thinking they would be better than a no frills flight, costing approx £450 for the two of us.

After numerous emails saying that gb airways were getting taking over by easyjet on this route i wasnt too happy, after countless phone calls being on hold for hours in total to be told our names were not even on the system to be changed over then they were etc etc... our flights have only changed by about 10 minutes either way... Im still not convinved till i get the tickets through...

I have looked on the easyjet website and the same flights we are going on is approx £300, so when I rang and asked for a refund in the difference I was told that under no circumstances that we are getting a refund for approx £150 as it out of their controll. As we used the voucher to be honest I was not too bothered...

I will not be booking anything else through lastminute.com or easyjet I have never been so fobbed off in my life... to make matters worse i got through to indian call centres the majority of the time and when i asked where they were based they said " urgh urgh the uk!!!!!! as if"

Working out the cos in petrol it would cost to drive down to london and return approx £150 I have booked flights from newcastle with jet2 that only cost £190 at least I have prebooked seats and the airport is only just down the road.

Laura
x :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.