Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Jet Airways
54 Posts
Hi lashman ... the UK contact details are given as:

Reservation & Ticketing Office
Jet Airways (India) Ltd
Jet Air House,
188 Hammersmith Road,
London W6 7DJ

Reservations: 0808-1011199

More info and discussion about Jet Airways may be found in our India/Goa Flights Q&As topic.

David :wave
Thanks very much for such a quick reply, I will write to them with proof of the wedding and hopefully they will be a bit sympathetic
Lynne
I wrote to Jet about six weeks ago asking if they would allow me some extra baggage allowance for my wedding but have not had a reply, does anyone have an email address
Also does anyone know if you can have seats pre allocated
Thanks
lashman,

I'd give them a call as your email is likely to get ignored as well. I'd be surprised if they'll give you any extra luggage allowance, you'll probably have to pay excess baggage charges to take anything over your allowance (more info here). You get 28kg allowance which is quite generous. You can only chek-in online and select you seat on domestic flights, not international unfortunately.

Darren
dazbo
Thanks for your super quick reply, didnt realise we got 28kgs that will be more than enough, we will just have to pay extra on our internal flight down to Goa and BMI from Teeside to Heathrow, do you think it would be worth contacting BMI to see if they would give us any extra
Cheers
lashman,

It's worth asking, nothing lost but I suspect the answer will be negative. Again, I would give them a call rather than email, it's easier to argue your case. It only takes the press of a button to delete an email. Bmi's contact detail are here.

Good luck!

Darren
We are flying from Belfast with BMI to LHR then on to Mumbai with Jet Airways. Does any one know if we will be able to check our luggage right through to Mumbai or will we have to pick it up at LHR? I believe that you can only check in on line for domestic flights with Jet. Is this still the case? On our return journey from Goa (flying Jet to Mumbai then LHR then BMI again to Belfast) do you know if we can check our luggage straight through to Belfast?
Thanks
Gail
GEC,

As JET Airways aren't part of Star Allience, you'll have to collect your luggage at Heathrow then check-in for your connecting flights. Online check-in should be available for your LHR flights. Refer to JET Airways website.

Darren
Thanks for the reply. We hopefully will have plenty of time between flights. The online check in from LHR will be handy. I can do it at home before we leave Belfast.
Gail
Gail
we were not able to do an online check in for Singapore Airlines at London as we had a flight from Aberdeen first( with BA). They just would not allow us to go through with the booking. It was really annoying- might be better to check with Jet airways first incase you have the same problem
Thanks Fiona,
I have emailed them to check. I booked the flight from Belfast to London separately as it was cheaper that way. Our Eticket for Jet is LHR to Mumbai (then on to Goa 4 days later) so I'm hoping it will be ok. If we can't do it online we should have time to check in at the desk at LHR as we have left a few hours between flights. I do like the online check in as you can usually pick your seats.
Any tips or info about Jet Airways would be most welcome. I know Kingfisher gets better reviews but the flight times of Jet suited us best. We don't have much time between connections on the home journey between LHR and Belfast so I hope they land on time or we may have to spend the night in London.
Gail
Thanks Gower for the link. I had read the mixed reviews on the Airline Quality site. Kingfisher get much better reviews but our time will be a bit tight on our return flight so all being well it will be quicker to transfer between terminals 3 & 1 rather than having to get from terminal 4 where Kingfisher land. Having previously experienced the cramped conditions in Monarch economy, when flying charter to Goa, hopefully Jet will be a bit of an improvement.
Gail
we haven't done longhaul with them but did 3 India internal flights and thought they were great :)
I hope you get your online check in.
Always use Jet Heathrow-Bombay-Goa personally cannot fault the service.
I always phone and pre book our seats, the same seat numbers for all flights for ease, the check in is normally quick as they use multiple desks for all flights which eliminates the some long some short ques. Jet were always best on internal Indian flights because they had there own xray machines so queing was down to a minimum compared with other airlines, I guess Kingfisher will be the same now though, overall comfortable legroom, good food, good service.
Booked Jet Heathrow/Mumbai flight 117/118 what type of plane will this be :)
Thanks annx
aarond,

This Flight Will Be Serviced With A Boeing 777-300ER

Gower
Thanks for the reply Gower :)
annx
Can anyone tell me what 'Special Economy' is with Jet? Have looked on their site and can see all other classes but not this one. :que

Very good deal at the moment (as long as I'm not curled up in the hold!!)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.