Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hi, Luci. I've just looked them up . They quote £33.50 for 10 days. The phone number is 0141 887 4667, and they are 3 mns from the airport. They say to go past the airport to junction 29 and then follow the signs for Paisley. Keep to the right hand lane and take the first right. I think thats what I read.
Thanks for the info. Will have to remember them next time we need parking without the hotel.

luci :wave
Hi digby :wave

I know where they are and I think the 3 mins from airport claim is a huge exaggeration, they are about 4 mins away :lol:
I know where they are and I think the 3 mins from airport claim is a huge exaggeration, they are about 4 mins away

Haven't used that car park but :twisted: three minutes should be long enough. I've used some of these transfer busses....................... :yikes
Its the newest car park recently built. As soon as you come off St James's roundabout for Paisley, you will see it signposted on your right, just before the big playing fields on L/hand side.
Thanks, Jade, will be able to find it now ok.
During the period 6th - 30th November inclusive, upgrade works taking place in the domestic departures security area mean that some passengers will be re-routed through the international departures security area.

Passengers scheduled to depart from domestic pier gates 1-12 are not affected, but those due to depart from domestic pier gates 14-26 will be routed through international departures.

For more info, please click HERE.

David :wave
I had read that security was the next phase for development at Glasgow. They appear to be planning a centralised security zone for the long term future. Shame in a way - I kinda liked the 3 security areas - International - domestic pier (stands 14 and up) and also the "low cost" pier of stands 1-12. It seemed to break up the security delays which sometimes can be a nightmare for internation in particular. I just wonder if this will actually create more of a backlog. :roll:

The plan seems to include a further extension of existing terminal building.

Nivsy
Motorists heading for Glasgow Airport have experienced major delays today due to roadworks on the M8 motorway close to the Kingston Bridge in Glasgow. These works will continue over the weekend. However, a further a massive motorway upgrade project begins tonight on the M8 close to the airport, which is expected to last for 15 weeks. Delays may be inevitable, especially at peak periods, and anyone driving to the airport should allow extra time for the journey.

Just a quick question or two.
I'm thinking of booking an airport lounge at Glasgow Airport before I fly to Egypt, can you leave the lounge and return or is it once you leave you can't get back in.
Are lounges worth the money.
any help would be appreciated?

Jimmy
At GLA you can get access to the Servisair lounge which is up the stairs opposite Garfunkels. It is landside - you pass through security after leaving, to get to the gates.

Yes, you can go out and in if you wish, but once you are through security you no longer have access.

Is it worth the money? Only you can answer that. You get beer, spirits, cold drinks, crisps, biscuits - there's even a toaster if I remember correctly. I have lounge access (usually not Servisair) for virtually all my flights and wouldn't be without it. Whether I'd be willing to pay £17 or so might be another matter. If it's a wee treat it might be nice, as a one off. Depending where you are flying to you might want to consider buying into the lounge at your return airport. If you have an Egg card you can get a 25% discount via loungepass.com
i've read on Glasgow Airport's website that there are designated smoking areas outwith the terminal building at various points. Can anyone who has travelled from Glasgow anytime in the last few months confirm whether or not you can smoke once you are through security/passport control?
No Leanne, any smoking opportunities in the designated external areas need to be taken before going through security and passport control.

Hi guys,
Can anyone recommend a good safe car park close to Glasgow airport please (2 weeks)8)

Neil
Does anyone know of any hotels near Glasgow Airport that offer 1 nights accomodation and 14 nights parking with rooms big enough for a family of 5 (2 Adults 3 children youngest child is 4)
Thanks
We stayed at the Normandy in a room with a double bed and bunk beds. I'm sure they would be able to provide a rollaway/camp bed if required or they may have even bigger rooms.

I used the follwing sites for airport hotel and parking:-

http://www.airport-hotels-guide.co.uk/one-click-quotes.asp
http://www.airport-hotel-shop.co.uk/

Is the currency exchange booth at glasgow airport a travelex one?
I think it is, but just check the opening hours as I would have been stuck if I had ordered currency for collection at Aberdeen as the bureau was closed.

Hi bev .. according to the Glasgow Airport website, there are Travelex and American Express exchange bureaux. But as luci says, check the opening hours.

Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.