Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
I've stayed at the Express Holiday Inn at the airport and it's fine, with only a 2 minute walk to the airport itself.
can someone please clarify this...... I have been told that when you land in Glasgow, they now actually scan your hand luggage either before or as you are going through customs.

I know that suitcases are scanned before they go on the carousel, but wasnt aware that they now scan your hand luggage too when you arrive back in the UK.

Any info regarding this would be appreciated.
Passport scanning is being introduced on arrival at UK airports (although some airports do not yet have scanners in place), but I haven't heard of hand luggage being scanned on arrival at Glasgow or any other UK airport.

David :wave
Thanks for that. Might sound terrible, but just want to try and sneak through some extra ciggies, and thought this would be out of the question if there were scanners.
We got a twin room at the Holiday Inn ( the one right by the terminal) for £42 through Holiday Extras. The normal rate is £84 but if you click on the "Secret Hotel" button you get the lower price.
Do you have a link Bridd? I just had a quick look for an airport hotel and the Holiday Inn didn't come up as an option for the dates I tried.

luci :wave
i have just booked the Holiday Inn for a night in September, anyone used it and is it ok, I take it I can just walk to the airport from the hotel. Thanks in advance.
Luci - apologies. I haven't looked at this thread in a while and didn't see your post. It's probably too late now but here is a link
https://secure.holidayextras.co.uk/new_hotels/c/main,availability_v2/
We always stay at the Holiday Inn (not the Holiday Inn Express) as its right at the terminal. Its fine for a one night stay and you can sometimes get a good deal on Holiday Extras.
flem wrote:
i have just booked the Holiday Inn for a night in September, anyone used it and is it ok, I take it I can just walk to the airport from the hotel. Thanks in advance.

We have stayed at the Holiday Inn. Yes it's directly across from the airport, only about 2 mins walk. We actually checked in and went back to the hotel for breakfast.

My only real complaint was their parking. The hotel car park was full and there wasn't even somewhere to park to nip in and get details of the long stay car park we had booked as a package. Thye gave us "directions" to the car park in Paisley and they were absolutely useless. We drove back to the hotel twice and tried again to find it without success. We eventually asked the driver of an ambulance car for assistance and he very kindly took us there. The car park said that HI insisted on using their own directions instead of the car park's.

Hi Bridd

Unfortunately that link doesn't work. It was the Secret Hotel bit I was interested in as I've never seen it on the Holiday Extras site and the hotel has always been around £85 when I've checked.

Hi Luci

sorry about the link.
I've just been on the site. Go to Holiday Extras, select Glasgow Int Airport. Put in 21st January for a double room (random date) and the first entry is for a 4* "undercover" hotel for £59 instead of £75 for the HI.
Theres also a 3* "undercover" hotel for £49 instead of £83.50 inc 15 days parking. Thats the HI Express.
Depends on your dates whether there are any offers.
HTH
Bridd
Thanks Bridd. I've never noticed the Undercover Hotels before. Perhaps they weren't available for the dates I needed.

I have no immediate plans to fly from Glasgow, but find the information useful to know.

I clicked on the 3* Undercover and it says it's either the Normandy or the Erskine Bridge. The Normandy is fine as we've stayed there a few times, but the EB is a dump and I certainly wouldn't choose to stay there.

Thanks again.

Anyone used this parking for Glasgow airport it is coming out at half the price (£17) for a week than ncp (£36) but I would be reassured to hear from someone that has used it and found it ok
I have never used it myself as we stay not far from the airport and don't park our car there, however I have recommended this carpark to several friends as it is so close to the airport and they have said they were excellent and recommended them to others.

Take a look at some reviews here -

http://www.airport-parking-shop.co.uk/glasgow/glasgow-abottsinch-review.html

The carpark is only a few minutes from the airport so transfers are very quick.
I've never used that particular one, but I use APH at Manchester and have always found them to be good.

Darren
Its been recently taken over from what was called Abbotsinch parking. We have used it lots of times. Its the nearest to the airport and is just off the St James Roundabout leading into Paisley. They have minibuses continually back and forward to the airport (2-3 mins). We have always found the cost competitive. I would certainly use it again myself. NCP is always extortionate.
thnaks for the replies I have booked with them Iam travelling from the east coast so will th direction to exit junction 29 (a726 for Paisley) be correct The directions dont say if this is travelling toward or from glasgow
please please watch your customs allowance everyone off our flight was stopped i was 200 cigerettes and they took the whole amount. :( the customs officer was v apologetic and said they will be checking all bags from turkey th :que is year. You have been warned
isn't 200 your allowance though ?
i think he must have meant a extra 200 over his allowance
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.