Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Hi there some great new apartments opp The Highland Beach resort in Candolim this is
a good location,the apartments are about 1yr old ,look under Owners Direct ,we have booked
a 2 bed for Nov2009 @£225 per week think its £250 if 4 people share,i can send you the e-mail
address ,if interested pm me
ann
What about north Goa staying at the Marinha Dourada. Some say it's the best of the best 3* hotels in Goa. Have a look at the reviews...99% good!

Your critera was similar to mine although I also wanted B&B because of all the amazing restaurants in the area.

It's a great hotel in fantastic gardens and has two salt water lakes right by it.

Have a look at my photos....

http://www.pbase.com/iaintwoeyes/goa_2008

PS...forgot to add the MD has two swimming pools
Thanks so much for the replies so far, this is really encouraging.
I am afraid for some reason (?) I cant 'pm', so please post the details you offer aarond.

Regards

jeff
jeff I think when you are only new to H/T you cant send a pm for a while but if someone pm's you you can send a reply :que am I right Fiona ?BTW jeff :welcome to the goa forum we will be there in November so maybe see you there ...colleen
OK, Thank you verry much Irishcolleen, Where abouts are you staying then ?, that could be a pointer, would be good to see you.

Great pics Iaintwoeyes.

Look forward to more replies (I hope)
R..Jeff
jeff we will be going to Candolim in november we go on the 20th for 3 weeks there will be meet ups with other members if your up to meeting up with them ...what date have you booked ???colleen
Hi Colleen
We just miss you ! shame!! :duh

we go from the 4th to the 18th from East Midlands..got a good price on the flights.
Thanks for your help tho.
Regards

Jeff
irishcolleen wrote:
jeff I think when you are only new to H/T you cant send a pm for a while but if someone pm's you you can send a reply :que am I right Fiona ?

yes thats right :tup
Welcome to HT Jeff.
JTRENDEL wrote:

We would like to stay in reasonable comfort but not expecting the world, (we travelled to Thailand last year)

Jeff- Thailand actually has a very good standard of accomodation. I have to say I was a bit worried about what I would think of Goa as we are Thailand fans but as long as you are prepared( and you will be if you stick with HT and the advice our members give) you will love it :)
Thanks HT moderator...but in reply I would say...not where I stayed it wasn't..some rooms there were £1 per night, now you dont get much for that do you ?!
No not expecting high standards, just what I have read here and heard from friends, but would like to find somewhere with a bit of Life, in an ideal world, somewhere clean, near the beach, with a pool and some life in the evenings, my missus is a sucker for street/beach vendors, so that part is a bit off putting, but its her money not mine !!

I have to say reading some comments here, I am already looking forward to it and I have 2 months yet !!
Ho Hum

R..Jeff
Hi Jeff

You shouldn't have any problems finding decent accommodation at the beginning of November, I can recommend the Sunset Beach Hotel in Candolim, it's a small family run hotel with a pool and clean comfortable rooms, it's less than 5 mins from the beach and plenty of bars and restaurants nearby. Ruffles Beach Resort is also good, ticks all your boxes and has entertainment on every night. I think Candolim is a good choice for your first visit, it has plenty to offer without being too overwhelming.

Debs
http://www.sunsetcandolim.com/
Great hotel that we are booked in for next year also - recommend it to anyone for being very clean, great staff, and excellent bistro at the side of it, only downside if you do love a pool is the size - ok for cooling off or the odd day when you may not want to be far from your room (dehli belly etc..).
My thanks again to all who responded.
I have been given a tip by a regular to Goa that the Alberqueque appartments is a really nice place, anyone out these know anything about this one ?

Regards

Jeff
hi i went to goa in march.
I stayed in Anjuna, a gorgeous place, really nice, nice people, not alot of tourists, some nice hotels just before you get to anjuna, But i will tell you that there is a hotel in Anjuna called Don Joa, and i wouldnt reccommend that hotel at all, i stayed there and i didnt like it at all, it was dirty (though the cleaner came daily and made a big effort) and the service from most people (with the exeption of one or two waiters) wasnt good at all.
Have a nice hol and sorry i couldnt be any more help!
Jade
Have stayed at the Alberquereque a few times and found them excellent appartments. The Super Deluxe are the biggest with a large bedroom, dining/TV area/fridge, small separate kitchen area with kettle/cuttlery etc.. and 2 balconys. All appartments are set in Palm tree grounds and have airconditioning and ceiling fans.
A small cafe is situated at the front of the main house which also does money exchange.
I may still have an old tarriff card (3 year old) which has contact details on, if I find it I'll let you know ASAP. Bookings are made via this as it is not featured in brochures.
Always seems hard to get in here as they are popular, we moved on to the Sunset Hotel from here though due to them putting the prices up way too high.
Great central location though and if you get in - enjoy !
Ok...Its done :clap all booked for the Alberqueque, I will post a report on my return as there seem to be very little info ref this one ?
Already looking forward to it and its bleedin weeks yet..ho hum !
When I have travelled before I managed to get tips on little things (sweeties ?!)to bring that locals like...any suggestions ?
Also...anyone know how to say 'thank you ' and no thank you in Goa'n ? (phonetically please)
Thanks agian
Jeff :tup
Thank you - Dev borem korunv

I don't want it - Makanaka. :tup
There's a very handy Hindi word to use when you're being pestered by hawkers....................

however, the Mods have deleted it. :que
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.