Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
meagain wrote:
now has live music on Wednesday evenings
So are the HT meets still on Wednesday nights? :que
yes, wed nights still ...we just chatted over the music and didnt really notice it that much... bit rude but what to do...its not really rowdy loud music as such... you can hear yourself talk
chilly
It was a guy with a guitar last night and he was very good but had to get him to turn it down in the end as it got far to loud to talk , even thou we was the other end of the restaurant
I hate talking when someone is trying so hard to entertain! I think its rude! :think
Hi All

Someone I know had 2 bomber style leather jackets made to measure for himself 7 tears ago, somewhere on the Calangute to Baga Rd. £90 for the two, as anybody on here had any made for themselves anywhere in the Candolim area, in more recent times as I would be interested in having one made for right price, can anyone recommend a good leather shop, and aprox, price I would expect to pay.

Cheers
The Preacher
Hiya Goangirl when you going and how long you there sorry forgot what you told me at the meet up in bromyard.Hope your both well.
Hi Preacher

I looked at buying a leather jacket a few years ago and as you say the average price was in the £40 to £50 range for very good quality jackets but I could not find one that I really liked or felt that comfy in :que

Most of the shops offered to tailor make one for me but I did not know what style I wanted and in the end decided I was not the best shape to fit into one and it still look good :rofl

If you want to get one made check out the quality of the ready made ones in the shops and bring out a photo or a picture of what you want, most of the places will tailor make with no obligation to buy if you don't like the finished product

Thats my bit for the day, off to the beach now :sun2
sleep_r_us wrote:
Hiya Goangirl when you going and how long you there sorry forgot what you told me at the meet up in bromyard

Hi Sleeps! We leave here on 28th December, and going for 10 weeks. Hope you are both well! Looking forward to our "camping" in the summer! :rofl

It seems ages since we met look forward to meeting up again..Carry on camping.. :rofl Have a brill new year out in the sunshine. :cheers
Hi Preacher
Hubby and myself had leather jackets made to measure at Super Tailor in Candolim
they are on the road to the beach opp The Cutty Sark hotel which is down the road
by Just Chinese they cost around £50 and & £60 at that time,[4yrs ago]they were a perfect fit
and the quality of the leather 1st class,there were lots of colours to choose from,we had them
made up in Navy[hubby] and mine a lovely dark red.they were made in about 2 days.
very pleased :tup
annx
was at the meet on wednesday ,have to say i think having this music man on and the meets the same day realy does not work for me,if you go to a music venue fair enough you expect to talk over the music,but at a meet night having to try to make yourself heard down a long table is just a no no as far as i am concerned :yikes ,friday quiz was another good night certainly for Lin B who somehow managed to win :que the bottle of vodka prize was quickly demolished :rofl
Dragon has anyone mentioned this to Ram if so what did he say,can't say i'd look forward to a meet night with loud music going on in the background having to shout at one another.
It would be hard to talk over the loud music :duh
Might have to change the meet to a different night or change the venue, which would be a shame because people are now familiar with The Carvary and enjoy going there.

Sleeps are you and Colin off to Goa this season?
Me and my cousin are off to Goa all being well in Jan i'm trying to get my passport renewed and my visa done all systems go at the moment.
yes It was mentioned to Ram, but he said he asked a couple of our members and they said it was o.k.,in fact they asked for musicbefore he started :que :que ,i realy dont know,we shall just have to see how the season progresses
nay nay and thrice nay Lin B is much understood,as a founder member of Mensa and a mind which makes us mere mortals appear as mental pigmies,and she does however try to make everyone else think they are on a level playing field by drinking huge quantities of vodka,just to slow her mind down to the level of just ordinary mortals,but occaisionaly displaying her true brilliance by winning the odd quiz here and there :rofl
Ask Lin how the heck she's winning without me :cheers
and she compounded it by winning again last night,we were together though :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.