Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
a sim card is 100rps :? but hey a good Idea, as they run out after a year. anyone want mine?
if u buy a sim card how much are the calls text to the uk
thanks
i'll be gratefull for your sim vegasone, would also be gratefull of its No, so i can pass the No to my kids so they could contact me while i'm over there in case there's any prob's.

I'm back 27th March if anyone wants me to pass it on when i return PM me.

Regards Pete
I have some as well. if anyone wants them, let me know

Haley
il take you up on that offer if its still available,,be handy for the kids to get in touch when were there ,,we go the 4th march ,thanks for the offer xx jan
I have sent it today cordex, the number is +919890585863
Cartman

Text calls to the UK are Rs5/- (about 16p). Texts within Goa are Rs0.25/-.
Making a phone call back to the Uk I would still use the many pay phones.
i gave my sim card to my taxi driver tom and he is going to use it till i go again next year and then he will give it back to me whist im there to use and then i give it back to him again! when i leave so i have a card ready for me when he picks me up from the airport,
AMZ - by the way... You mentioned that it cost 5 Rs/- to send a text to England, but you then put "(about 16p)" - 5 Rs/- is more like 6.5p. It made the text's sound expensive...

:)
Just one thing to add about sim cards when you buy one you pay tax at about 20% so a100 rupee card say is worth 80 then time of call is important even text cost more before 6 callsworkout quite expensive to home, I found it much cheaper to to use the booths Wont bother taking a phone again.
Paul
I think you should all know that a sim card runs out after a month if its only for 300 or 500 and you havent used all your credit. Number is blocked. To unblock you must buy a minimum 300 rps card. And, if you want it to work for longer than 6 months ie next years holiday you must buy 3000 rps card. I think 1000 lasts for up to 6 months. Also this year they are asking for id photos to get a new number.
Hi All, Going back again this year, the last cople of years i've passed on my sim cards, either over there or when i got back.

So does anybody have a sim they have finished with and would'nt mind passing on, it saves the headache over there.

Regards Pete
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.