Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
Hi dave just back from tunisia i last visted Yasmine early 2006

the only changes i spotted was more new buildings at the marina and it seems they have built underground parking at marina

lots of new shops on the right nearer to the water but as yet not open apart from lacoste shop

and new residential properties at the far end

the rest seems as it was to me
hi going to yasmine hammamet as changed alot now. the hotels are nearly all done and it is much more established now. there is a new english bar there called 'the view' and this caters specifically for the english but there is every nationality that goes there.

it is very quiet in yasmine but that i think is this year cus even though yasmine is not as busy as hammamet everywhere this year was not busy.

hope this helps you on deciding where to go
Hi Becki
Many thanks for the info, unfortunately I returned from Yasmine about 3 weeks ago!
I agree with what you say about "The View" being multi national.I watched the Scotland v Italy football match with a Welsh couple and it had French commentry.All this in an "English" bar in Tunisia. Carlsberg couldn't have done it any better!!
As this was my first visit to Yasmine since 2005, I'm hoping to go back again in 2009 as the hotel we stayed in during both visits was excellent.Also they are building a new airport at Enfida, which is a lot closer to Yasmine than Monastir, so the transfer time will be a lot shorter.
All the best for now and have a lovely Christmas & New Year.

David
i might have been there when you were there not sure what games actually play when im working. but i probably saw you as i was working most days before i returned to england for christmas.

yes i no what you mean about the beer you need to speak to mr tunisia who ever that is to change the export regulations hee hee. but i do think that we are going to be getting some alco-pops soon and word as it that next year heiniken (how ever you spell it) should be coming to tunisia.
hi david me again, the airport you on about is not going to be finished for 5 years it as been said so when you return in 2009 i am afraid you will still have to travel to monastir or tunis.
Hi again Becki!

I myself, prefer to drink the local brews when abroad.After all that's all part of the fun.
You must remember me.Me and the wife shared a Panini and a plate of chips! LOL :lol:
We had to sit and wait half an hour to find out if the game was going to be shown and thankfully it was, even tho' Scotland got beat.
I hope the weather is better now than when it was when we were there (11-18 Nov) as it was rather cold
Take care.

David
hi david yes i do no who you are. well we hope to see you again in the future, take care

becki x and the rest of us from the view and hammamet yasmine
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.