Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Hi Tempest

Limassol is a great place for a holiday........you've made an excellent choice :D

There is a great deal to do there and the shopping is really good.

The ammount of restaurants and bars is brilliant.........some cheaper than others.

Have a look here

http:// http://www.whats-happenin.com/Limassol.htm#PLACES%20TO%20SEE

Let me know where you're staying and I'll try and help any other way I can :D

Helenxx
Hi Helen
Thanks for that website I have had a quick look and will spend more time looking later.
We are staying at the Golden Arches (I have seen varied reviews!!) but not too negative on the whole thank goodness.
Do you think we will need to be getting buses and taxi's to places of interest.
My main concern at the moment is money! You don't seem to get much Cyprus pound for your British pound here at the moment but maybe this isn't a problem if things are cheap.

We are going half board so don't plan to spend too much at least in the evenings eating away from the hotel (unless you make a recommendation!!) but it's lunches mainly we will be after. I am quite nervous traveller and really worry about getting food poisoning.

I just don't know whether to get my money here or when we get there or whether to get cash or travellers cheques. So any advise you have around this would be great.
Having seen the other website I am considering taking my new bottles of nivea suntan lotion back to superdrug if it's cheaper out there as I spent £7.99 on it today - although it was on buy one get one free!!!

I can't wait to get out there and definitely want to go to the amphitheatre (can't remember the name) so advice on how to get there would be helpful.
Look forward to hearing from you
Sarah
Hi there Sarah :D

Firstly hang on to your sun lotion especially as it was BOGOF as you won't

get it any cheaper over there :lol:

Secondly you have as much chance of getting food poisoning in Cyprus

as flying to the Moon :D

If it's Curium amphitheatre then it isn't far from Limassol and well

worth the effort and I know a bus goes there from Limassol.

Would you consider hiring a car as they are very reasonable and drive

on the same side of the road as we do. It would make it easier to get about.

Ciggies range from about 17.50cy - 22.50cy for 200 for British brands.

Drinks too are very reasonable as is eating out.

We've found the best way to change money is to take sterling and change

it over there as you get a better rate of exchange.

Helenxx
good bar 2 go 2 is rumours a good friend of mine neo owns t,nice atmosphere, good music and drinks are quite reasonable.
a fun but cheesy club is the triangle,
a tip 4 when geting teh drinks, u go 2 the bar girls always get cheaper drinks.guys get riped off.

taxis are all arround, thell toot u before u want 1, busses are freaty frequent but ot, only 60cents though so what do u expect.
hope you have a good time.
very jelous love limasol, worked there summer 2004
charlieb I've never been anywhere in Cyprus and been ripped off :roll:

I never go to the bar, my hubby always does and as I said we've never
been ripped off.
Happy Days if its still there we lived in there for 2weeks its brill and the staff are dead nice drinks were dead cheap and thay have kareoake x :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.