Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
Going Home Again
20 Posts
hi.sliema2.........have a great time mate........... :D :D :D .........our turn in jan 2008.......
regards.....john-doe.........
Have a great time,cant wait till we go in December :)
Ta both of you, we are both really looking forward to it as per normal.
Hello Sliema, I am sure you only put that there for me, I think you go there sit in a flat all week and drink Cisk Shandys till you 'burp' but if you do get out for a bit have a great time and don't tell me how you got on.

Dave
Ta Dave, I will and I won't mate.
What back there again! It's about time they gave you honorary citizenship :lol: Oh well have a good time,

Trev
I think that most peolple on this forum have a few holidays in between working. Sliema must do a bit of work in between holidays. :wink: Has he won the lottery and not told us?
I know what he is up to :smokin

Sliema2 is the head of a huge international smuggling ring and he brings back all is contraband goods in to the UK :shock:

He has admitted as much :tut

we managed to bring back 12 Maltese sausages from our favourite butcher in Sliema, 2 hot fresh Hobz from the bakers in Sliema, 4 Gbejna, a good few packets of Galletti, four bottles of Annisette, packets of rabbit seasoning from the Suq in Valletta and more herbs and spices from Marsaxlokk and a couple of fruit wines

Have a great time Sliema2 :lol:
Can I put an order in for some Maltese bread please? Oh and pastizzis and Gozo cheese
Can I put an order in for some Maltese bread please? Oh and pastizzis and Gozo cheese

:shock: Have you seen where he conceals his smuggled goods :zip
charliegirl007,

Major upset but The price of the bread is going up 1c :shock: :? :x :cry: :roll: :yikes
Cancel my order I can't afford that!!! how much will it be now for a loaf?
seeing as you asked - :D

14c small, 20c large, extra 2c if sliced (the sliced extra might not be regulated, so it might be higher some places....)
Hi Mark

The Maltese bread is cheap compared with the English. When we were self-catering we went to the Maltese bakers every morning for bread which we had with our breakfast, never tasted such nice bread. Certainly missed it when we got home.

Jean
Hi :)

I'm staying in Sliema in April next year. Bit of a memory trip for me and my mother as we lived there for a few years when I was young, father being in the Navy!

I went back in 1995 and apart from the new hotels etc on the front, the layout of streets etc hadn't changed much at all in over 30 years :oops:
The flats we lived in on the strand were still there! although there was a farm behind us which has now gone.

My mother has never been back since we left in 63' and I hope she really enjoys our visit :?
20 c for a large loaf, thats nearly 35p!!! I couldn't get an uncut 'fresh' loaf for under 90p here. Go on then Sliema, I'll have 2 bringing back :wink:
I'll next be in Malta at the beginning of November - to see the Italy v England foootball match :)
Many thanks to everyone who replied to this, as always we had a spiffing time in a country that just gets better with every passing visit, we always find a few new things to see, do, or eat and drink in, what an amazing country !, anyhoo if anyone has any questions about our latest trip please ask away.

Regards To You All
Sliema2
My younger brother came out from manchester with air malta last saturday and suffered a long delay yet again lost most of his first day. :oops:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.