Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Thats awful news Big Red - the same thing happened to us a couple of years ago, they took off with all my jewellery (I left it at home in case of pick pockets!!!). It really puts a dampner on the memeries of a great holiday.
Hi Big Red, sorry to hear your news. The thieving B's want stringing up.

Sue :(
Hi Big Red

Glad you enjoyed Benidorm. It's such a shame about your house as it can spoil the memories of a great holiday. Hope they catch whoever did it and that you can sort out the situation with the car keys.

Michelle
Sorry to hear what happened Big Red, same thing happened to us a few years back, practically emptied the house and wrecked the rest..... :evil: Cops got them in the end....... :D they got 3yrs, hope they catch the :swear . Hope the tooth's ok too......Linda x
I'm very sorry to hear about your break in. Hopefully the memories of your time in Benidorm will not be ruined.

With reference to your car keys. I'm not sure if this will work, but if you obtain your vehicle identification number, your VID (I think thats what it is called) from the metal plate situated somehwere inside the engine compartment, and then contact the vehicle's main manufaturer, not the dealer, then you should be able to obtain a replacement set of keys for your car.

If you are concerned that these pieces of low life might try to come back and steal your vehicle, then the only option open to you is to have new door locks and steering lock installed. This is quite expensive, but you may, not saying you will, but you may be able to get that covered on your insurance.

Of course, your No Claims Bonus will then be effected, but thats a small price to pay for piece of mind.
Hi Big Red.

Sorry to hear about your break in. What a terrible thing to have to come home to. Hope it has'nt marred your memories of Beni, but I suppose at the moment Beni is the last thing on your mind, hope you soon get everything sorted.

Lizzie
Thanks for all your support folks. The insurance accessor is due on Thursday so I may be able to get some thing sorted out.

Robert
How dreadful for you - not a nice welcome home from holiday.

Hope it won't put you off going away again. If you don't already do so - is there anyone that could keep an eye on your property for you? Of course, no-one can watch a house 24 hours a day but it might just help.

Pippa
Whilst this can be no consolation for the loss you have suffered, and the inconvienence you have been caused, for piece of mind for future trips involving extended periods away from your home, you might like to consider purchasing a CCTV Security System that you can access anywher in the world where there is access to the Internet.

Basically, its possible to buy a camera system that has its own unique Web IP address. All you then need do is to type in this secure address into any web browser and you can see live images of whatever the camera is focused on. Take a look at the following site, which provides more details of such a system and explains it far better that I can. :arrow:

http://www.stardot-tech.com/netcam/index.html
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.