Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Ros is a Travel Law solicitor. She is better informed than the majority of us.

There's only way to find out, and thats give her a ring tomorow.

Kath HT Admin
having said that apart from compensation claims and i might be wrong i dint think that Ros can deal with the above issues, do you? please correct me if am wrong.

I wouldn't make any assumptions about what Ros can or cannot do, you need legal advice about your entitlement to compensation.

I would always recommend reporting cases such as this your Local Trading Standards Dept, who enforce the criminal aspects of the Package Holiday Regulations. Refusal to give the reason for the cancellation in writing might suggest something untoward.

Being investigated by Trading Standards might just be the shot across the bows you are after, even if no offences are revealed.

Peter
Having read through this thread again, in full, I assumed at the outset that the original poster was getting married in Brazil - I now appreciate that she is in fact only honeymooning in Brazil. Hence, the marriage is (I assume) here in the UK.

My suggestion about the marriage flexibility is therefore null.

You did pose a question directly to me though shwany; the extract from the travel regs contains the answer you seek - the Tour Operator is obliged to write to you to inform you of the cancellation of your holiday.

In your initial post you asked for advice (at the start) and then told us (at the end) you had written to Airtours but would appreciate further advice as to what else to do - whilst awaiting the reply.

Lots of us gave you advice - and information - and suggestions - and support - in some cases in repeated posts.

The manner in which you receive the advice, information, suggestions and support is entirely up to you but please, extend us the courtesy of declining throwing such advice back at us. Reserve your anger for the tour operator if you feel that to be productive. In my opinion (I am NOT legally qualified) your only real complaint has to be with respect to the manner in which Airtours informed you that your package was cancelled. Again, in my opinion, there are no grounds for compensation here.

I do hope your wedding day is a great success and your honeymoon to Cyprus the best holiday you've ever had.......my honeymoon 30 years back is still memorable :lol:

Mike
hello, the brazil programme has only been pulled from london gatwick, everyone on these flights were given the option to fly from manchester. therfore a like for like holiday was offered, no compensation is due, unless it is within the compensation matrix at the back of the brochure, however the maximum comp is 40.00 gbp per person.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.