Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
Just tried it on the eclipse website and the first date seems to be 2nd Dec. :D
Hi

Me and my family are looking at this holiday village for around may/jume time , as Bristol airport are staring new flights there from may :)
We have never flown more than 4hrs, Turkey being the furthest we have been ...But next year we are looking at something different as kids are a bit older and its also to celebrate both are 40th's :)
The prices on the eclispe web site are coming up really cheap :) we just would like to know if anyone can alittle info on the DR, as yu hear such mixed reveiws...
But this holiday village looks fantastic and also plenty for kids to do and the added bonus of Bristol flights from May.....

luv
Tandra x
we have been to the holiday village in majorca and it was great and it was also exclusive to english does anyone know if the dom rep one will be the same :?: i presume it is as it is exclusive to first choice.
Anyone booking this hotel might want to check the opening date of the new airport or they could be looking at extremely long transfers. I can't get much sense out of the TO but rumour has it that building is very delayed which isn't surprising in the DR :roll:
:oops: Sorry, take no notice of me, wrong hotel :oops: but good news for the new hotels in Samana, the airport is in fact finished it seems.
http://www.dr-samana.com/pr04.htm#Construction
Never been to DR before so was under the impression there were already 2 airports!
Is this not the case?
Would appreciate any any other useful info that anyone has to give.
Hi we are thinking of booking for easter next year, does anyone know of any good websites that show the hotel as its former name Jack Tar?
Looks like we are following you about telnshell, first majorca viva then the ill fated kabc now the Dom Rep.!
Thanks for any replies.
Hi Samanthaj. Telnshell here. We have just returned from 2 nice weeks in Fuerteventura. Where did you end up going? I just put in Jack Tar on google and came up with loads of sites/photos. Maybe we will see you there.
hi ,
im looking to book this hotel for 2007 (changing from fuerteventura) due to bad reviews. does anybody have any upto date news on this holiday village?
thanks
well ive taken the plunge and booked this hotel for 22nd jan for 2 weeks for me oh and 2 children aged 14 and 5.
didnt think the price was bad at all . just hope we have done the right thing as i was stuck between booking this hotel or the Bihia principe so we give the choice to our girls and they want this one(no surprize there then)
hopefully someone will go in dec and leave us a report, if not i will do it when we get back
our fingers are crossed now as it will be our 1st time in th DR
hi sharon,
have a look on debbies dominican forum. someone when to a launch party has has wrote about this hotel.

hope you have a great time and please post a review.

many thanks
What is Debbies domenican forum?
We are 2 families with teenage kids & have been debating for a couple of weeks about booking the holiday village for the 1st 2 weeks of Aug 07. We got a great price & really fancy it, but the only thing holding us up is that a few people have said that its not a good time to go, because of the weather there at that time of year. Can anyone advise me on this asap please. Cos we dont want to loose the price we've got by hanging around!
hello,
we too got a great price for aug 07 but decided to go in oct 07 instead.
this is down to personal choice.
im sure whatever month you decide to go you will have a great time.
we cant wait to go. :fly
I am booked for weeks 2 and 3 of august next year.From what I understand there can be thunderstorms most days but they blow over fairly quickly.Hurricane wise the north is well protected due to the mountains in the region.I am also due to go this August so if you can wait I can let you know on return but that obviously will be 6 weeks away or so.
I have looked on the debbies forum which does tell you a bit about it but i am still unsure as to weather this hotel will be exclusive to english people or not if anyone can please help to clear this up for me i would be really grateful. :? :? :? :?
hello,
i think people from the usa can go if you type in golden beach holiday village it comes up with f/c company in the usa its under i different name than first choice.
hope this helps.
we are still going anyway.
It comes under signature name so i assume that canadians will be able to access this holiday too.
That helped alot thanks, not that it was a problem it was just nice to know how much it is going to be the same as the other holiday villages. We will still book for next year anyhow. Looking forward to the first lot of reviews.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.