Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
hi michelleessex we booked this in about march this year and was not told anything about that it is in the first choice wedding book so i assumed it was all ok i will call them later to double check i am quite scared now!!!! :shock:
Oh dear sorry if ive given your cause for concern, I hope then that ive been told wrong information, let me know as the holiday village was my first choice for our wedding in the dom rep, we will be booking our wedding next thursday with first choice, when the tropical winter 07 brochure comes on sale, and at the moment are preparing to book cuba. Will you be having lots of guests at your wedding? we are planning on just us and our 3 kids who will be 15, 11 and 3. Michelle x
hi michelle dont worry im not too panickedthereis still pleanty of time to sort it out! we are going with about 20 people including our daughter who will be 3 when we go , there is still a few ppl to b confirmed my OHhas a big family so alot wanted to be at his wedding as soon as i find any info i will let u know it does sound stunning though u can have a horse and carrige and we chose this one because it is one of the few where u can get married on the beach .
good luck with planning and i post as soon as i know anything!
vicx

*Please don't post phone text style as this hinders members who need to use screen readers. Many thanks. Pippy*
sorry pippy i didn't realise .
x
No problem, alot of people don't realise.

More information can be found HERE in case you don't know what a screen reader is :wink:

Pippy :D
As of today we are going here 27th May 07.

We too were booked to go to the Kos Aqua Beach Club then changed to Fuerteventura. From the minute we changed we didn't really feel happy about our choice (it was the only thing within our price range). So when we got a letter informing us of things that weren't available and that we could change without admin charges we decided to do it. It's costing us about £500 more which we will find from somewhere lol.

We went to the Pegasos Palace this year and loved it, so if this place is half as good as there we'll be happy.

We went to the Dominican Republic 14 years ago for our honeymoon and have always wanted to go back but thought we would have to wait until our daughter (who's 10) was older.

The main thing that swung it for us was - IT'S BUILT !!!!!!! :yipee
hi everyone just found this forum we are booked to go to dom rep next year we go 30th sept for 2 weeks getting married :love
hello gina,
see you out there, we go on the 8th oct.
you will be getting married the week we get there.
all the best :glynis
from what I can grasp this is a newly refurbed hotel - previosly occtidental jack tar. has anyone been recently and is the refurb complete? if so how was your stay???
thanks
hello,
it does not open till dec 2006 so no reviews as yet.
have a look on http://www.debbiesdominicantravel.com web site and http://www.dr1. web site

*Link not working for me. Pippy*
sound like you are close to the action? is the work on time time? and will the place still be a building site if i went in december?
hi,
no im not there, but i wish i was as we dont go till next oct.
the http://www.dr1.com web site is based in the dominican, go onto the message board then to the north coast. it was the second topic down.
it sound like the work is going well, bit has slowed down due to a death (something to do with the contractor).
have a look at the web site and let me know what you think.
Well its on sale for 2nd December with First Choice and at a unbelievable price last night when I looked £399 (on the Eclipse Site) for two weeks :shock: lets hope its actually finished by the time folks get there. :roll:

(if I hadn't already booked Jamaica I'd have given it a whirl at that price :lol: )
i have just checked the prices as well, going from manchester for 2 weeks 2adults 2 kids £2223 :yikes what a good price.
if only i was not having a new kitchen.
never mind roll on oct 2007.
:fly
If you look on the DR1 website there are a few photos of the wave pool.
iv just tried to get on debbies domincan forum and its coming up error
with the message 'you have been banned from this forum'

hope its a forum problem as iv only ever read messages on there , iv never put a post up :shock:
sharon
just sent you a p.m.
thanks
just been on , i just hope its going to be ready when we go on 22nd jan, feel a little concerned now after reading the contractor has died (RIP)
fingers crossed all will be well for when we go

thanks again
i think it will be.
a lady on debs dominican's daughter is out there now. getting ready for the first guest's.
you will be fine.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.