Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Hi Pat 624, if you are unsure about Sunny Beach you can always go back to Golden Sands and Visit Sunny Beach for Day, there is now a new Coach service from Albena Bus Station every day leaving 09.30 arriving 12.00. returning from Sunny Beach 17.30 arrive Albena 19.45 it is with "PGKOMERS" Ltd and the fare is 12 lev each way ie £9 rtn. Coach Tours to nessebar start from £24. Cheers Tonyt.
Thinking of that Tony I may do both....fly to varna for 3 nights in GS and then get a bus to Sunny beach for 4 nights, and then either fly back from Bourgas or do a few more nights in GS and fly back from Varna....becuase I travel alone and book hotels independantly i can be pretty flexible.......at the moment I am struggling to find flights at a good price... about £60 each way is what i want to pay........cheapest I can get now is £150 return but I am sure that will go down nearer the date......Thanks for your help.......pat
Hi, I too am looking for cheap flights for sept and at the moment I can get Malev via Budapest to Varna for £103 plus £21 Taxes thats from Gatwick 1st Sept.
Hi Tony,

Both BA & Bulgaria Air are offering scheduled Gatwick-Varna flights for 1st/2nd September for £164/£168 return. From the last time that I looked, The Malev flight appeared to involve a long wait at Budapest - for an extra £20 each way, it may be worth looking at the direct flights.

Baldur
Wizz air is £122 return to bourgas for 7 nights leaving 3 Sept...inc taxes ...thats the best i can find right now.......pat
IMO There is no contest although I preferred the hotel I stayed at in S/B G/S was so much nicer. Sunny beach was really more like Blackpool the only view I had while there was of another hotel in every direction I looked. Where as Golden sands was much quieter and the views by far better.
Thanks......to be honest i loved Golden Sands....it was so clean and compact and freindly..... In the past though I have found that places are never quite as good the second time you visit them as its less of an adventure and GS is so small I feel there is not a lot left for me to discover there, which is why I am always looking for new places......having said that i know if i go back to GS I will have a great time...I may just do a day trip to Sunny Beach.......pat
Hi Pat,

Did you visit any of the other Northern resorts, such as Albena or Sveti Konstantin/St Constantine?

Not really a great lover of resorts myself, especially the large ones like Golden Sands & Sunny Beach, but if I do go for a day trip it's usually to one of the above.

Baldur
Thanks Baldur......

I chatted to a few people in GS who were staying in Albena....thing is though I am a bit of a party animal!! and it was described to me as much quieter than GS.....I would visit for the day....but I need to base myself somewhere with a good night life........and thats one thing I can say about GS......I am still singing all the songs from MUPPETS karoake now.....cant get them out of my head.....I will work something out I am sure......pat
I am a bit of a party animal

Ah, yes, I vaguely recall the days of my youth.............. :lol:

Baldur
We cannot comment of SB as we have found everything we want in GS..if my kids are happy then I'm happy ...they have been too Tenerife,Majorca,Ibiza,Costa dorada,France.....the only one they want to go backtoo is Bulgaria .........reason the Bulgarian people .....fantastic .
Like Baldur I can from the mists of time recall my youth.... have to say I preferrred Albena and St Konstantine as I found GS too noisy but if I was younger would probably not have. I also agree with the previous poster that Sunny Beach reminded me of Blackpool.

A quick question for Baldur. Am having problems dialling direct to BG keep having to go through the operator do you know if there is a problem or if it is just my phone, probably is, anything mechanical that can go wrong will do if I touch it!
Hi Nels,

Can't help on the phone query, I'm afraid - I usually keep in touch with Bulgarian friends via e-mail or text messages, using M-Tel's SMS centre.

Baldur

<Edit> If you have a BT line, have you tried using Cheapest Calls service? Only 3p per minute for calls to Bulgaria (a minimum 5p connection charge per call applies to BT Lines).
Thanks for the prompt reply Baldur. I do usually e-mail but there has been problems with the internet in the village.... I remember a few years ago when things were down for a while something to do with a pipeline somewhere under the sea..... but I think it just may be remoteness at the moment. Having to wait until friends get to an internet cafe. Just wanted to check a few details with them and a baby is due soon........ :roll:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.