Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
There are no trains at all. Bourgas is nearest station and then it takes over 3 hours to get to Varna. You would need a bus out to Golden Sands. My self I would if there at least two of you negotiate a taxi for the day. But as we all say get a price before you leave and arrange how long you want driver to wait. and you pay him on your return journey. Tonyt
Hi Samantha,

The journey by bus is possible from Sunny Beach to Golden Sands, changing at Varna, but is rather pressured as the last bus back from Varna is relatively early (6-7 p.m., if I recall correctly), so Tony's suggestion of a negotiated taxi hire for the day is probably much more practical.

Baldur
thanks for your help, there are 5 of us, 3 adults and 2 kids, so will sort out a taxi, thanks again.
Hi Samantha

Last year it was around 90-100levs(32-35pounds)return between the two resorts,if my memory serves me well.
Hi Samantha. If you do decide on a Taxi and you want a break on the way up ask driver to take you to KAMCHIYA Village. there is a little boat that takes you up and down the river 30 mins a few lev and you can see the Terrapins, Woodpeckers, Kingfishers and the Water snakes. All my friends love this trip when down there. Tonyt.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.