Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Personally, I wouldn't bother about AI in Bulgaria, eating out/drinking, etc., is extremely cheap and the hotel catering is, generally, pretty mediocre - to say the least!
I agree with Baldur. The reports for the food in all inclusive are not good .We always go B/B .There are loads of good restaurants to choose from.Sunny beach is the biggest resort and flat where as golden sands is in a forest area and hilly .We have been going for many years now to G/S and it is quite a lively resort now .There is quiter resorts but it all depends on what you want ,you will find one that will suit you all .So check out the resort reports at the top of the page and it will give you some good tips .Hope this is of some use to you June :wave
Hi, I agree with both Baldur and June. You are better off going B+B or self catering as eating/drinking out is very very cheap. Whilst we were there(Sunny Beach ) this year there was an outbreak of food poison in the all inclusive Elenite village. People we spoke to said they wish they hadn't gone AI and they spent a fair bit of the time in the SB resort instead.

8) The Toonman
Hi
Agree with the other posts. Personally i wouldn't consider going all inclusive to Bulgaria. The food in hotels is hit and miss. It is such good value to eat out and have nearly always found the quality to be excellent. Have been HB a couple of times but never with the expectation that we will eat in the hotel - just because we liked the hotel or went AOA. Must say though that the breakfasts have always been very good.
Hey, we went half board in a 4 star hotel and it wasn't bad but it wasn't the best either, we only ate in the hotel twice but food and drink (as well as everything else in sunny beach) is so cheap.

there are some great restraunts in sunny beach. not really worth goin AI.

We stayed in the Fenix Hotel 4*... great view if you can get a sea view..

Can't wait to go back....

8)
Edited to change text style
Fiona Ht mod
Whilst I partly agree with what's been said already, there are advantages to going all inclusive provided you pick a reputable hotel. I can highly recomend the Riu Helios Palace in Sunny beach, where we stayed in the summer. Please see my hotel report on this site. The food was excellent and the hotel wasn't much more expensive than the 4 star half boards. This way we felt able to have the occasional meal out if we felt like a change. By staying in one of the Riu hotels we had the best of service and entertainment also laid on. Having said all this it's up to you what you choose, I wouldn't rule out B&B either because as it's been said everything's so cheap. However, there are some dodgy eateries over there and we spoke to quite a few people who'd been really ill after eating out at some of the restaurants. We think we made the right choice in picking our hotel and everyone we spoke to that stayed there agreed. Happy hunting,
Shirley
We went all inclusive, to elenite, this Aug/Sept.The food wasn't too bad but nothing special. There are unlimited snacks available though and no-one went hungry.The other advantages of AI are that if you don't like something you can just get something else, I found this a big plus with fussy kids.The beer on AI was very weak but the other drinks were fine. We ate and drank out when we felt like it but it's good to know you can survive without spending extra. I would definitely recomend AI especially with children.If I can be of any further help just ask.
Hi, Like you we like to go all inclusive as we travel with a large party and it works out cheaper in the long run. We have just booked 2 weeks all inclusive at the Pelican hotel in Duni it cost us £2900 pounds for 4 adults at the end of july first week in August. If you book the last 2 weeks in August it was much cheaper it would have been £2650. My friends who are coming with us got the price for £1700 pounds for 2 adults and 1 child who is 14 which isn't bad for the summer holidays. This was booked through JMC got the price on the net then the travel agent matched it and gave another little discount.
We have never been to Bulgaria before as we normally go to Turkey or Greece but it will be to hot at that time of year so we are giving Bulgaria a try.
Have you considered booking your flights and accomodation yourself, flights are available in july/Aug from £235 for 2 weeks to Bourgas, 1 bed apartment to sleep 4, around £250/week, thats under £1500 for 4 adults including transfers, Paul.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.