Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
i can very much reccomend beleckiz beach in olu deniz, just about to have my 3rd holiday there for the 3rd year on the run. never actually seen or heard a bad review about this hotel, and the resort is lovely.
Can't recommend the Hemera in Side enough, it's superb!on the outskirts of the resort but is right on the sandy beach, food excellent, service excellent in all respects a fantastic hotel. As for Bodram? Nice harbour, nice castle,however it is just a big town to me with no beach to speak of unless you go to Gumbet and even there it isn't great. I know some of the 4/5 star AI'S have a good reputation in the Bodram area, but just look at the reviews for the Hemera!

Alistair
I can also recommend the Belcekiz beach . We were there ourselves last year and its superb and in the centre of olu so you have the best of both worlds. This year we are going to the Aegean dream resort in Turgetreis near Bodrum and next year we have also booked the Hemera in side . have a good look through the reviews for all three ;) they are all inclusive
Another vote for the Belcekiz from me, we went twice last year and we are off there again in four weeks. Excellent food, spotlessly clean and lovely people. :wave:
I think you should look in the Antalya region for this as they have world class hotels in that area, Nowhere else in Turkey comes near to these standards.
I was going to recommend the Bodrum World of Wonders (WOW) Resort in Gumbet - excellent AI but on the expensive side. I think its only available through Thomas Cook. We also enjoyed the Hemera in Side and I'm very pleased to see all the recommendations for the Belcekiz Beach as we are off there next month for the first time!

Cazz
The Club Isis in Gumbet was very good. Stayed there in May 08
Another vote for the Club Belceckic Beach in Olu Deniz, although I have just read on the Lykia thread that someone said a lot of noise was coming from the BB at night. (The bar area is a bit lively). If you like it quite ask for rooms in the annex. Best of both worlds then. :tup

It does get fully booked though, so if you see it at a good price I would put down a deposit

Doe :sun2
Hi there,
I can definately recommend the Wow Bodrum Resort hotel (which is actually in Gumbet not Bodrum) we stayed there for 1 week this year middle of May.It is just a short walk from Gumbet up an incline overlloking Gumbet Bay, fantastic views, lovely rooms,superb grounds, could not really fault the food and drink and excellent service.We paid £380 each which was a bargain but then it was beginning of season but apart from 1 cloudy day the sun shone and temps. were about 27 degrees which was just nice, we loved it.The only thing was it was quite international with guests from Holland,Russia etc. but quite a few Brits, this didn't bother us at all and I would not hesitate to recommend it. :)
hi,
avoid the royal palm area in gumbet, nothing i can say can describe how awful it is.

read my comments in hotel reviews.

marnie
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.