Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Restaurants are very difficult to recommend, even in one's local area in the UK, as they may have changed chef/staff/ownership, etc., since last visiting.

One place which remains in my memory in terms of food, ambience, views over Varna airport and the ship canal, is the Aksakovska Panorama in the village of Aksakovo (just off the main 29 road from Varna to Dobrich) *BUT* it's over a year since I was last there. In fact it was during the 'bird flu' scare period when I was last there, so I ensured that I avoided the ostriches which were kept in the grounds! :wink:

From memory, prices were from around 20/25 Leva per person upwards.

Baldur
Good Morning Baldur, are you talking about the one at the top of the hill coming up from the Airport. If so it was still going in Sept and no doubt I will have a look in, in the next two weeks. Signing off now, getting ready for Airport. Cheers. Tonyt.
have a good time tony . :D
Good morning Tony,

are you talking about the one at the top of the hill coming up from the Airport

Yes, near the 'golf ball' radar antenna.

Have a great time!

Baldur
Hi Baldur .

did you have a look at the size of the oven the were using to cook the ostriches in or if spit roasting the spit must have been enormous,

Ps. I dont think I could have eaten a whole one anyway even with Rakia :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted:
I think they only keep them for the eggs, Mondeo........ :wink: :P

Baldur
Hi Baldur .

I could manage a couple of their eggs on toast in the morning. as long as I did not have to collect them from underneath mother
We tried a Chinese which was near the Cathedral (where all the taxis congregate opposite KFC) stay on the same side and head towards the market it is only about 200 yards from the cathedral you will turn right and it is on your right hand side, it does look a bit dark and on first appearance doesn't look like a restaurant, but talk about fantastic value for money I'd strongly recommend it, the menu is also in English..... check out the chips and gravy and if ordering fried rice order 1 portion for 2. Superb.......
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.