Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Hi Glynis,

For info, this situation has been previously discussed on several occasions, e.g. HERE and HERE but it's certainly worth reminding non-"British Citizen" passport holders that they are highly likely to require a visa to visit Bulgaria.

The Bulgarian Embassy advises:

Holders of valid ordinary passports from the following countries do not need a visa to visit Bulgaria for up to 90 days within each period of six months:

(N.B. - countries other than the UK edited out of this list)

UK (British Citizen Passport Holders and British Nationals /Overseas/ only)

Important Notice!

1. Family members of the EU citizen, who do not have the nationality of EU Member State, enjoy the same rights of the EU citizens for their travel to Bulgaria. This is only in case they have a status of permanent residence in an EU country (ILR) and are travelling together or are going to Bulgaria to join (with the relevant documents) their family member(s) who is(are) already in the country.

2. The holders of the following types of the British Passports need visas for travel to Bulgaria:

British Overseas Territories Citizen without Right to Abode

British Overseas Citizens

British Subjects without Right to Abode

British Protected Persons

Baldur
And here's me thinking I was bringing new gossip - I should have know that the Bulgaria forum members are up to date with info :tup :lol:

Thanks for the links and advice Baldur. :tup
I just hope British Subject passport holders take note - It must be awful to travel to a country and then sent straight back home.
This may help as well , it is part of an e-mail sent to me from the irish embassy . :)

I am certainly not aware of there
being cases of Irish passport holders refused entry to Bulgaria.

There have been cases that have involved BRITISH SUBJECT passports that some
Irish citizens hold. These passports need a visa for entry into Bulgaria (or at
least this was the case prior to Bulgaria's EU accession in 2007).
Hi Bill,

I am certainly not aware of there being cases of Irish passport holders refused entry to Bulgaria.

I should certainly hope not, as Irish citizens bearing Irish passports are citizens of an EU member state and, therefore, qualify under the provision "Holders of valid ordinary passports from the following countries do not need a visa to visit Bulgaria for up to 90 days within each period of six months"

Ireland was one of the countries to which my caveat "(N.B. - countries other than the UK edited out of this list)" referred. :wink:

Baldur
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.