Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
First full day here in sunny Protaras, just hit 30c if the pool bar therm work as it should I have to say it feels that it could be that warm not a cloud in the sky and the sea is warm thank you to Cardiff lad and pubdog for not drinking all the Keo but well done for trying, well time to get back to the poolside just around two hours before the sun starts to go down

Maurice
You are welcome Maurice - we gave it a good go at drinking all the Keo, but failed miserably :lol:

Have a great holiday. I can easily believe 30C as that was what was showing on my balcony last week.

Enjoy :D
Next seven days in the Larnaca area..going cooler at nights but fine..

Thursday
Clear. High: 82° F. / 28° C. Wind light.
Thursday Night
Clear. Low: 68° F. / 20° C. Wind light.
Friday
Clear. High: 82° F. / 28° C. Wind light.
Friday Night
Clear. Low: 68° F. / 20° C. Wind light.
Saturday
Scattered Clouds. High: 82° F. / 28° C. Wind WSW 6 mph. / 10 km/h.
Saturday Night
Scattered Clouds. Low: 66° F. / 19° C. Wind NW 6 mph. / 10 km/h.
Sunday
Clear. High: 82° F. / 28° C. Wind West 13 mph. / 21 km/h.
Sunday Night
Scattered Clouds. Low: 68° F. / 20° C. Wind NW 8 mph. / 14 km/h.
Monday
Scattered Clouds. High: 82° F. / 28° C. Wind light.
Monday Night
Scattered Clouds. Low: 68° F. / 20° C. Wind light.
Tuesday
Scattered Clouds. High: 86° F. / 30° C. Wind NE 11 mph. / 18 km/h.
Tuesday Night
Scattered Clouds. Low: 69° F. / 21° C. Wind NE 11 mph. / 18 km/h.
8) that's what we like to hear, off on 15 oct.....so hope it lasts.
hi all, finally here after enduring an awful flight delay of nearly nine hours :cry: however spent the first day on the beach and the weathers gorgeous :D . off to the zodiac later to unlease my talents to the world....might even sing too :lol: its my birthday today so i i'm going to enjoy it! oh definitely happy days :D :D :D :D :glynis
Hi Davetracey - Happy Birthday Have a drink on me :glynis

Sorry to hear bout your nine hour delay :( but at least you are there in the lovely sunshine now 8)

Just to let you know it's chucking it down here at the mo so am still counting down the days but they are going so s l o w w w w!

Have a great night at the Zodiac :D see you soon!!
davetraceyuk....why were you delayed? and which airport did you fly from??...
at least you got there and enjoying the holiday....
hi all, finally here after enduring an awful flight delay of nearly nine hours

:evil: OOh what a HORRIBLE delay for you davetracey.......... we were delayed for 5 hours coming back In August, and that was bad enough........

Happy Birthday by the way :glynis ........... the drinks are on you then!! Hahahaha......... enjoy yourself this evening :yipee
yup, hope you had a great birthday Dave.here's hoping you can't remember it!!! :wink:

see you on Monday, maybe :shock:
don't worry i'm not a stalker..honest :oops:

hope weather keeps up.

trev.
hi all! flight delay was because the cabin lights blew an electronic component. they had to fly a spare from luton up to manchester airport. then the crew were out of hours so a reserve crew had to be organised. we lost the first afternoon and night out. :cry:
however made up for it last night. went to the zodiac and after singing baggy trousers a lady came up to me and said " are you from holiday truths?" fame at last :lol: it was kezzabelle who has promised a duet with me. however on reminding kez of this she has told me she has a sore throat.... that old chestnut :lol: no, she does promise to sing later this week. had another beautiful day today despite what the weather forecasts say, it was very very warm again :D hope its still dark and cold at home :lol: back to my keo............. :D :D
lol....good one dave. :D

hope you are getting free keo after advertising the Zodiac :wink:

hope yer singing voice keeps up.think our kids will be disappointed if they don't hear your renditions when we are walking by :glynis

trev.
hope they don't expect too much shoestring :lol: tonights the big night with kezzabelle, feeling a bit nervous really, if this one goes ok i've promised to sing fairy tale of new york with kez next!
had two firsts today, my first ever moussaki, on a seafront restaurant which was wonderful. and my daughter got stung by a jellyfish :( she's ok and i think a bit proud too 8) a lifeguard put some creme on for her.
quite windy today but still very hot, burnt my arm :(
back to the keo :D :D :D
Hi Davetracey - Am sad that I am gonna miss your duet with Kezzabelle :lol: I'm sure it will be fab :gluck
Next week at this time will be on the :fly (that's if there are no delays!!)
Cant wait to have my first Keo :glynis
Hope your daughter is ok, hope the lifeguard was of the baywatch variety :D
Enjoy you hol and may see you at the Zodiac next week :wave
rememebr and loosen those vocal cords with a couple of beers then Dave. :wink:

just quick question.......everyone says cold at night.

.i never really wear cardi etc out, just normal 3/4 length trackies and t shirt.......will i be okay?. girls and wife will probably wear light tracky top type thing that they wore on plane, until they reach the pub. (always good having family out with you, isn't it, as they can make sure you get back to correct apartments okay. :wink: )

.just a short walk from vangelis to strip anyway, and once in pub it will become hot and steamy :oops:

how cold is it actually of an evening?

cheers for advice matey. :hmmm

hope all goes well tonight :D
hi again, i"ve not needed a jacket at all this year, its about 20 - 23 degrees at night which is very pleasant. to be on safe side take a light jacket or fleece as your covered if the weather turns cool by the latter stages of your holiday. today has been the hottest day so far, a light breeze and about 30 degrees. i think they call it wall to wall sunshine. :D
finally singing with kezzabelle tonight. the england game :oops: made everything run late and we couldn't get song in. the zodiacs been busier than last year, must be my pr work on their behalf :lol: not had a drink out of kefalos yet for it though(think thats his name) see ya s :D :D
many thanks for info Dave.......I'll not bother coat, i'm a real man :lol:

hey, don't use up all the sunshine yet, keep some for next week. :oops:

cannae wait mate..been looking at pictures of place on site, and seems real nice......just noticed that Zodiac is across road from Bells, so that'll please the missus (being an ELVIS fan)..uh-hu 8)

cya

trev.
Trev, just to let you know so that your missus isn't upset. Bells bar hasn't actually got an Elvis at the moment.
They had to sack the last one and haven't bothered getting a new one as it's coming up to the end of the season.

I am a regular in Bell's when i'm there and this is the info from when I was there two weeks ago.
cheers for that cardiff lad!!

we have family (2 daughters 14 and 110

we like good laugh, watching cabaret like drag artists and hopnotists etc, as well as the usual karoke bars (although crap singers and just 'support the real singers by politely clapping- and laughing).

any where any good for a night.

we would ideally like somewhere that we could all get some food - just like burger/pub style and then stay for any entertainment?!!! (any with pool tables or computer for kids?!!)

cheers for any help you can give me Cardiff Lad, as i have never been to cyprus , never mind protaras, before.
trefor walker (scotsman with a welsh name! :wink: )
To be honest I normally go to a restaurant and then onto Bells bar.

I think there are few few bars along the strip where you can get food then entertainment. I know there are in Pernera where I stay. I rather do it the way I do it as I get a 50 yard walk along the strip to let the food go down a bit before hitting the Keo full on.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.