Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
just back ourselves this morning...............we all loved Cyprus...lovely place, incredibly friendly people.

the owner of the Zodiac is a real gent. :)

The Square bar you say?!!.yes it was good..apart from me having to dance with the guys, not once but twice, when they were hypnotised (thought i'd pulled :lol: )

and them trying to get me as they thought i had shot 'LASSIE'.......... :shock:

AND being hauled up by Elvis for a wee dance and the conga to McDonalds and back. :roll:

aye it was great!!!
Hi shoestring, sorry didnt get to meet you glad you had good time :D

Dave was great to meet you and your family, sorry I missed your last night at the Zodiac, had to take youngest back coz she was ill :( She woke up on sunday peppered in spots - yep she had the dreaded chickenpox :( She has been stuck in the room bless her and only been out to go to the clinic. Were meant to be flying home today but obviously we are not allowed so have to stay here till friday or saturday. Have a rota going so that we can get out and about with the older two. She is being very good about staying in the room and we keep reminding her that we will be back next year oops have to go as money running out :P
awww madmax, we heard a child from the brilliant apts had chickenpox from our rep at the airport and were praying it wasn't you :( . did you tell me that from the balcony as i'm sure i heard you say "chicken" but thought i'd misheard you or you were referring to your personal preferences :wink: if so i'm sorry for saying " any port in a storm, go girl" instead of expressing my sympathy :lol: .
it was lovely to meet your family too and hope the experience of hearing me sing hasn't put you of protaras. :) give your daughter a hug from us and we wish her a speedy recovery :)

erm madmax ... you didn't paint those spots on to get an extra few days did you? :wink: :wink: :wink:
enjoy your holiday, Dave?

How were the Brilliant Appts?

Our oldest spent whole of glass bottom boat in the toilet :oops:

(told her she was supposed to look through glass, not toilet bowl :wink: )

Muhammed on the boat was great with her though.

trev
erm madmax ... you didn't paint those spots on to get an extra few days did you?

The lengths I will go to to stay in Cyprus a little longer :D
Last year we had nearly 24 hours delay going home, this year chickenpox!!
Anyway got back yesterday evening after a bit of globetrotting. Insurance couldn't arrange direct flights back so had to get early morning flight from Lanaca to Athens (Aegean airlines - excellent!) Then got Easyjet flight from Athens to Gatwick.
Am missing Cyprus already but counting down the days till next holiday in July :D
Have you booked yet Davetreacey?
hi shoestring, sorry not been on here for a while, had a great holiday despite the hiccups along the way! i think we had it easy compared to madmaxs daughters chickenpox :( the brilliant apts were good but not fantastic. (or not brilliant ) . rooms were basic but on the whole would still return. wonder if 10 year old "little elvis" has been snapped up by simon cowell yet? i still found it all a bit surreal with costume changes for every karoake performance... think i'm just jealous because he was so good :lol:
not booked for next year yet madmax.... still not over the last one :roll:
aye dave, had a great time myself.kids got bit narky towards the end..just tired etc and then it was first time we had been away for a week anywhere, so they were bit cheesed off 'bout going home so soon. cannae wait to start planning next years trip.
might actually make it up for a song :wink:
I've popped over to Protaras for a 5 day break.

Weather is lovely, in the mid to late 70's and even the evenings are not cold.
Not that warm here in Pafos but pleasant all the same, next few days look good also..73f here in the west. clear! oh and it was too cold to eat out last night, well for us aclimatised :wink:
Thanks for popping in Cardiff Lad - enjoy your holiday :pele
Now it is raining in Pafos!!! :roll:
It was hammering down in Protaras at about 3am this morning. I got soaked waiting for a taxi to take me to another bar.

Lovely and sunny again today.

I'm sitting in the Greenery in Protaras with a friend that works over here.

Very pleasant.
Ian, are they going to show the Cricket World Cup final in the Greenery? We'll be over there Saturday morning and I don't want to watch football anymore...
Not sure but if they will be but I know someone that can check for me. I'm heading back to the UK early hours of tomorrow morning so won't be able to check myself i'm afraid.
Hello all:D
im in cyprus at the moment sat in waves in protaras lol!

Cyprus says HELLO!:)
Just thaught i would make a new thread on here to say hello to everyone and how is everyone doing :D
CourtneeLouise
you might want to come out of the waves otherwise the laptop is going to get wet.... :lol:
so your in the waves surfing :D

hello there courtnee

stay where you are and i'll see you next thursday
leave some of that gorgeous salted popcorn for us courtneelouise we will be there in october. lindsay!!
hello everyone

hope you are all OK
i'm here in sunny hot protaras
posting from the brilliant appartments lobby

what do i have to say about protaras after 4 days (10 days left)

it is magnificent!

the cypriots are very freindly and can not do enough for you

i'm keeping a log of resteraunts we've eaten at bars we've drunk in(will be more than resteraunts) and will post a big detailed report when i get back

speak to you all soon

take care
Les
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.