Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi not stayed in the Grida Village ,but i have stayed in Belek about ten times now There is a market in a place called Kadriye on a tuesday and one in the town of belek on a Saturday.Bothof these places are about 20/25mins walk from your hotel depending on which side of belek you are .There is local service busses and there is an open air tractor bus which stops outside most hotels in the area ,it only costs pennies and takes only minutes .There are also taxis outside your hotels ,but they are a lot dearer ,always ask the price first if you decide to use them and haggle over the price ,it is expected. There is no actual super markets in these two places but there is what the Turkish people call super markets ,which is just a big shop ,where you will get every thing you need including nappies .The service bus also goes to Antallya if you want a good days shopping and sight seeing .It takes about 45/50 mins and is very cheap .There is hundreds of shops there. Enjoy .Bluepeterno1
Thanks for the advice, will venture into the market with the children.

Jnrstu
:) We went to grida village about 2 years ago and found this hotel very good the slides the pools the entertainment fantastic from the Thomas cook reps only thing that I did not like was the small balconies but you are not in your room all the time, when you get there they will give you a map it takes a couple of days to get your bearings do not worry its works out its a big round circle with everything in the middle my son loved going for cakes in the afternoon, yes there will be a lot of different nationality's but do not let this put you off because my son made a lot of friends we also liked the top bar where they used to put a band on, this his normally where you will have your welcome meeting and the cakes are served from there we normally never go back to the same place we decided we liked it so much we are going back in august but trying different hotel the otium sun zeynep hope its as good
;) Janet
We stayed there a couple of times about 5 years ago. Belek is about 10-15 minutes walk away - there's a shortcut through the forest (fairly well used) which is quite pleasant. At the time we stayed, there was a shuttle to Belek for a nominal charge (I think it was 1 Lira at the time). The shuttle was basically a "train" - actually a tractor towing some "carriages". If it's still running, there will be at least some novelty value for your child(ren). Belek doesn't have a huge amount going for it, but there should be sufficient shops for you.

We enjoyed the hotel - it's not really what we consider to be "authentic" Turkey but as parents of a 2 year old, it suited us at the time. There was lots of shaded areas and canopies and the food was pretty good. The "village" is quite pleasant. Competition for sunbeds got a bit silly sometimes, but that's pretty much normal these days, whichever nationalities are involved...
There are small supermarkets in Belek & Kadriye called 'BIM' that sell nappies plus a larger one in Kadriye named 'Genpa' which will sell any items you require.
If you want a few hours out, visit Serik a larger town about 5-10 minutes on the bus from Belek.
Thank you all for your replies, we understand that when you travel with small children (5 and 18mths) you can really expect them to wanna take in the 'local sights' so all shop and market info is great, thay also dont wanna be stuck on a stuffy coach just to buy nappies, which with no luggage for baby we will have to do, thanx all for your advice, am looking forward to it now
xx
:) try take as many nappies has you can once went to Spain got nappies but rubbish take them has hand luggage
:) Janet
Nappies in Turkey are really good quality......

Denny
managed to get pampers in turkey last year, to be honest though would usually take at least 14 so can use the desent ones of a night, but thanks for advice
xx
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.