General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Hair Removal ???
15 Posts
Rather dangerous for home use I would think. How about waxing? My daughter went for a Brazilian :shock: before her hols.Did the trick but she's not rushing to repeat the experience :lol:
I have one of these it doesnot hurt but is really difficult to use as some areas of the body you have to laser each hair individually.Would have to say i very rarely use it just because i dont have enough time,if you can persevere with it the hairs do finally stop growing back.
cannot do waxing as it lasts less than a week!!! so i thought i`d try the laser thing and hope i`m nearly hair free by the summer..

sharon
hi shazzcat, the one i`m looking at treats up to 20 hairs at a time so it may be quicker.. i don`t care how long it takes cos if i don`t do something summer will be here and i`ll be dreading my hols...

sharon
Hi Shazza, I'd be amazed if they actually worked that well to be honest. I've been having electrolysis done for years and I still have a session once every 3 weeks because the hair hasn't completely stopped growing though it's brilliant to what it was. I may be wrong and if it did work for you then you'd be quids in as over the years I've spent a fortune. I do know that the electrolysis home kits are like toys compared to the ones a professional beautician uses and I know that to have laser treatment done professionaly costs a fortune and I can't see the home kits doing to same job.

Why do women have all this hair that we don't want :roll:
Shell :D
I have my own hair removal system, it just drops off my head. :lol:

I watched the embarrassing illness on BBC1 and they said hair will grow back when removed by electrolysis and the only treatment that removes the hair permanently is laser treatment.
Electrolysis does permanantly remove hair it just takes time. I still have hair grow back but there's hardly any now to what there was when I first started so it does work. Yes I do believe laser treatment does work but I am very wary of a home kit doing the job :D
I have suffered for years with unwanted facial hair. It has been a source of great embarrassment and feeling unfeminine. I've had electrolysis in the UK which kept it at bay, but in France I've had to have regular salon waxes. However I've just had a laser treatment session from a dermatologist, and the problem is SO much better.

Now I know that lasers have to be used by competent practitioners, and that the cost is expensive, but I really think it's worth it. Just 15 mins and my self-esteem is on its way back up with no 'afterpain' and no obvious regrowth after 4 weeks.

Go to a professional.
How often does laser treatment have to be repeated? I know that electrolysis is a long slow process with a session every couple of weeks for possibly years. I think I had 38 treatments.

luci :wave
On laser hair treatmentl site said minimum 5 treatments are usual for most people but the amount of treatments depends on your skin and hair type. There is a 5 to 8 week interval between each treatment.

It suitable for men as well. Any of you out there who have had enough of hairy partners get him done :wink:

I wonder if it will become fashionable for men to have their facial hair removed so their face is as smooth as a babies bottom all the time :lol:
Noooooooo its nice for the guys to have a bit of stubble :wink:
I read a review on one of the laser removal sites and the lady who posted said she's on her second year of treatment but of course there are intervals between treatments.
But what she didn't say shell she is covered with hair all over like a wolf.
:lol: Some of the men on the review sites were :shock: Must cost them a fortune to get that lot removed!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.