Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
I don't think he is allowed to go without taking the laptop and doing his stint on here :rofl
Seriously- have a great holiday Darren :sun2
Thanks John and Fiona :tup I'll be thinking of you all while being chased by Sharks under the waves of the Indian Ocean, and the week afer in search of Elephants and big game in Tsavo national park (might do some celeb spotting around Kilimanjaro too!). I've no room in my hand luggage for the laptop, camera lenses come first (is 4 enough :think :rofl )!!

I'm not going for another 43 hours yet (not that I'm counting!) so get your questions in quick!

I'm sure GowerL7, roboa, Snowyboy, jamz, MikeBravo, BY-TOM-AMM-FC et al will step in and answer things while I'm away. The new What Aircraft? thread was posted in the new format to act as a reference guide.

Happy holidays :cheers :sun2

Darren

PS looking like I'm on G-OOBK on sunday, that'll do nicely since I've been on 4 out of 6 of the ex-FCA birds, that'll hopefully make it 5 / 6, only G-PJLO to go (hopefully on the inbound)
As others have said, happy holidaying Darren! :cheers

Alasdair
Take very good care of yourself and have a lovely holiday.

We need you to continue giving us your invaluable help and information.

Don't forget to post a trip report and photographs on your return.

Sheila.
Have a great time Darren & thanks for all your help in the past.
Have a wonderful holiday Darren and just make sure you don't get too close to any sharks. I'm glad you're allowed time off for good behaviour, so many of us are grateful to you for answering our questions. :fly :fish :fly :fish
Sorry I've just missed the birthday by 6 hours or so ..... but very many happy returns all the same and have a wonderful holiday xxxxx
Holiday ????? :think I dont remember seeing a holiday request form !!!!! :rofl

have a great time :sun2 :cheers

brian
:whoops I forgot to put my leave card in again!!!

Thanks for all the holiday wishes, still got 24 hours to go yet though. I've just taken my first Malarone (malaria protection) so the holiday starts now! One problem of knowing the aircraft movements, I've been tracking it for the last 2 days, especially after last weeks 24 hour delays and knock-on effects. Anyway, it's (G-OOBK) and currently on it's way back from Male (Maldives) and only running 40 minutes behind schedule so that's not too bad. It's off to Goa later today then on it's return, taking me to Mombasa!!

EDIT: TOM118 from Male landed 18 minutes earlier than expected so it's only running 22 minutes late now, and TOM136 to Goa departed at 18:56 so only 16 minutes late :tup

EDIT-EDIT: Spoke too soon, it was 65 minutes late leaving Goa so we're delayed by an hour now :duh

Darren
Thanks jamz :tup
I'm off to the airport. We're still looking at a 65 minute delay, could be worse. Happy holidays to all those going away in the next few weeks. For those not, catch you in 2 weeks (i'm back the evening of Monday 23rd March) :cheers :sun2

Darren
Sorry I missed you Darren, I hope that you have a great time.

David :wave
Just for general info, Darren departed the UK @ 20:54, 64minutes late :yikes

Alasdair
Man he was accurate, have a great time darren ;)
Don't know how to use this site, but thought you may be able to help. I am flying to Malaga next Friday and am scared stiff of flying, I will be on my own. Do Monarch staff have training on how to deal with nervous passengers? and will the plane I am flying on be a nice smooth flight or really bumpy plane, can I ask to sit in the middle of the plane as experience tells me the rear of the plane is bumpier. Bet you think I am really stupid to ask these questions but I am really really scared of flying! :que :yikes
scorpio welcome to HT

have a read through our fear of flying thread you will find lots of information there

wizard
Jambo (swahili for hello!) HT'ers from sunny Kenya. Just to let you know I'm having a fabulous time. We went on safari last week and saw 4 of the big 5, loads of Elephants, Zebra, Giraffe, Water Buffalo, Hippo's, Lion and cubs, Leopard, plus many more. I'm diving this week and had a close encounter with two huge white tip sharks :tup I hope everyone back home is fine. I'll catch you all in a week :cheers :sun2

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.