Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
sorry Ally
We do have it on our reviews but nobody appears to have been yet :lol: Welcome to HT by the way :D
Hi All,
Was just wondering if any of you had been to this hotel? We have been viewing the site for ages but no listings have appeared! From what we can gather it is a small hotel, with swimming pool! Thats about all we know! That and what it says in the Balken brochure! We are going to Sunny Beach 22nd August 2008, our first visit. Is there any one else going then??
Any tips for an enjoyable holiday appreciated. Ta :tup
Can anyone help Ally by giving the hotel Augusta its first review? :)
Hi AllyBabe,

If you Google 'hotel augusta sunny beach' you will find a couple of 2005/6 reviews on the 3rd site found by the search engine - don't know how accurate they are but they may be of some use to you.

Baldur
Many Thanks for that Baldur! Just going for a look! Mind you we've booked it now so fingers crossed! Sure we'll have a great time. Cant wait. :think
:wave: Hi everyone, We are flying from stanstead to Bourgas on 22nd August 2008 & were wondering if any1 else out there is doing the same? Would be nice to say a friendly Hi at the airport!

Bit of a long shot too as nobody seems to have visited our hotel!! But we are staying in The Augusta, which is on the north side of Sunny Beach. :cheers

Really looking forward to our holiday, Bulgaria 1st timers! Cant wait. 3 Weeks, 6 days to go. :tup
Hi Allybabe. Sorry I've never stayed at the Augusta but have called in for a drink. It is located in the quieter northern part of the resort, Zora village. We stay near by and love the area. The Augusta has a VERY small pool area but you are close to the beach. You can catch a bus into the centre from the bus stop on the main road,opposite the Helena Resort, 1lev. Also 1lev to Sv.Vlas in the opposite direction. Taxis will try to charge you about 20lev from the centre but when we were for 3 weeks end of June/beginning of July always managed to get them down to 12lev. Negotiate the price before you get into the taxi.
Hope you enjoy your holiday. Im looking for a flight,hoping to go back 1st week in September.
hiya, we are going from stansted on the 22nd to sb as well , a party of 8 of us ( me, hubby, son (17) , daughter (13), mum, dad and my sister and her daughter (12) we are staying at the slavyanski hotel and my sister and her daughter are staying at the diamant hotel.
what time is ya fight ours is 9.40pm ( i think ) as they ave changed it.
:wave: would be great to say hello at airport.xxx
Hiya HMJ,
Many Thanks for the info! We thought the pool was rather small judging from the pics but as we are near the beach I am sure it wont really bother us! :sun2
Thanks for the advice concerning the taxis, we will keep our wits about us! I think I am am the most excited! Young at heart thats me!!
Hope you are succesful in getting a flight, cant be bad if you are hoping to go back that soon.
Take Care Allison :cheers
:wave: Hiya essexcrew,

Sounds like you are def. on our flight. Its been changed to a 9.40 take off and touch down at exeter on the way home! Wasn't very impressed as we have our 3 year old son travelling with us but daresay we will survive!!
There are 5 of us in our party. Me, Hubby, Son 18, Daughter 16 and Son 3!
I'll be the one wearing a red rose and carrying a newspaper under my arm! :D
We'll look out for you at the airport. Perhaps see you for a drink :cheers

3 weeks today and we'll be on our way to the airport. :tup YIPPEE
hiya allybabe. :wave: yeah we are on same flight.
not to happy about the stop over at exeter either.
we will deafo look out for ya at airport. :tup
we cant wait we are all excited to. 20 days to go or either 21 more sleeps. :tup
Hi allybabe
Pleased to say I've booked my flight for 5th September and cant wait. When you come out of the reception in the Augusta, turn right and right at the end of the road. This will take you down to the main road. If you cross at this point,you will see a restaurant Juzhni Noshti. You can easily get onto the beach there. The restaurant has a show every evening starting around 21.30 and they also cater for the younger children.The show is similar to that at Khans Tent, but much cheaper. I believe the food is very good but we haven't eaten there for a couple of years. We called in June for a drink(reasonable prices, 3lev for a large beer). They have tables outside on the beachside and you can see the show from there. If you decide to go for a meal, it is advisable to book beforehand. Hope you have a good time and look forward to reading your report, when you get back.
HMJ
If anyone has stayed at this hotel, we would be really grateful if you could add your review HERE

TIA

Kath HT Admin
:tup Hi HMJ

Once again thanks for the useful information! Any other snippets you have would be appreciated!
We shall be posting our comments on the site on our return!
Looking forward to Bulgaria!
Allison
:cheers
Allybabe
You are welcome. I hope you have a good holiday. If you want any further info, just ask.
HMJ :sun2
Hi - I went to Juzhni Noshti last month (also known as the Gypsy Camp) and it was really good. I actually enjoyed the show better than khan's tent, though both were good. The food was delicious. I had duck fillets with caramelised apples and it was the best meal of my holiday. I asked for it with boiled potatoes and it came with a huge separate plate of them and I ate nearly all because they were so yummy, all floury and buttery. If you want to see the kids show, I'd plan to get there about 7.30 because I think it started about 8. You may also want to book a table in advance if you walk through because the night I went it was a full house. As the poster says above, you can sit outside, but you will only get a view mainly of the performers backs. The guy who plays the violin is brilliant.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.