Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Last year we went in June and November 24th.

November weather is so much better than the summer. Temps in the day are in the mid 80s, but the nights are ok, but a little cool so will need possibly a sweater/cardi and trousers/jeans etc.

You may need to think about getting up early, the sun goes down at 4.45pm then its dark. Sun is up early in the morning, we are at the beach by 8am and gets full quickly.

As for the hotel, i havent been but i know that most of thomas cook have and enjoyed it.
Thanks for your replies :tup

Derwentrocker, is there many good places to go for a drink outside the hotel in Sharm? Dont really know what to expect to be honest. Lol. As im going for my 21st birthday, i dont really want to be staying in the hotel that night.

Really looking forward to going :)

Thanks

Emma :wave: Xx
The hotel you will be going to is out of Naama Bay, ? sharks bay area (not too sure on direction).

For your 21st if you like clubbing then you need Naama bay. Hard rock charges after 11 to get in, and most do, but the 1st drink is free in most. There are several bars you can do to and nice places to eat. A cab into NB wont be much, and they also do little mini buses to take you into the centre as well.
I actually think the hotel is in Nabq bay.

Thanks for the info on the places to drink. We will definatley be visiting Naama bay then for abit of clubbing :D

do you have any idea on how much a taxi ride would be from Nabq bay to Naama bay?

Thanks

I think Laguna vista in in Nabq Michelle /Emma .

map here http://www.sharm-el-sheikh.ovh.org/mapa_prawa_engl.html

Isnt it the hotel next to the Holiday village that plays the loud music on the beach at night . I'm sure I read that somewhere . If so there will some bars/resturants not sure what outside of your hotel . Anything more and you will need to get into Naama bay but you will be the furthest end away which would probably be 20minutes plus in a cab.

I'm sure I read somewhere too that there was a hardrock due to open in Nabq. They have music /dancing after 11 in Naama bay so maybe more of the same when it opens .
I am no good on directions, if its outside of NB i havent a clue :D
Just back from Coral Sea Resort. Laguna Beach is a couple of hotels along. The sign for the 'new' Hard Rock Cafe is quite near the front of this Hotel. We had a meal in the Dua Dua Italian restaurant which is part of the Laguna complex. It is certainly in Nabq Bay.

Wilson ;)
Thanks Wilson,

How was the restaurant where u ate? Was the food nice?

Emma :tup Xx
Emma

Food was good. Spag boll for me and Ariabatta (spelling ?) for the wife. Watch the wine though, very expensive. I'm not sure if it would be cheaper for Hotel guests but doubt it. We paid 200LE for a bottle of white.

Wilson ;)
Sounds good to me, im a Spag Bol person :D

Thanks for the warning on the wine, i do like wine so i wouldnt have thought about it. Lol. How much is 200LE in English pounds?

Thanks again :tup

Hi Emma,

If you are a guest at the Laguna Vista Beach Resort you are entitled to one free meal at the Dua Dua Restaurant per week.

Pat
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.