Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
hi we went there a few years ago it was a really nice island the only drawback is the transfer ferry from mykonos via paros (but thars another story) we stayed at naxos holidays and booked with first choice not sure if they still go there but i know kosmar do happy hols . kev
You might be better getting a flight to Santorini and then ferry to Naxos, it tends to be a cheaper flight than to Mykonnos then ferry via Paros, alternatively flight to Athens then inter island flight to Naxos, (or ferry)but they do get well booked up the flight that is. Not sure if anyone does package to Naxos these days as the transfer by ferry via Mykonnos could be a problem.
we went to Naxos three years ago and loved the place. Going to Paros (very close by) in July this year, flying to Mykonos and ferry to Paros. The boat then goes onto Naxos afterwards so tour companies still do it, not sure who we are going with but will find out and post you back tomorrow

Heather
Hi frannyfreckles : Greek Sun do trips to Naxos and have a website http://www.greeksun.co.uk/ they will send you a brochure or I think you can book on line! I would go with popular opinion that travelling to Santorini & ferry to Naxos would be better if you decided to go it alone, we ferried it to Ios on the Naxos ferry - it will take a few hours but is pleasant enough (although be warned coffee in the ferry port at Santorini is expensive and dire, you could strip paint with it !!! and they have you trapped cos there's very few other cafes down there! GL
hi
quick note to say thanks to all who replied. cheers

helen :thanks
Hi - I was going to post for Greeksun too - so now no need!!
Heather
We did a twin centre back in 2001, 1st week in Piso Livadhi Paros, and then across the water to a place I cant remember the name of, but on the coast some 5 miles or so S of Naxos town and Agi Anna. Its a beautiful island and worth getting on the bus to Apollon to experience the mountain villages. Naxos town is surprisingly big and towny but the old town and its alleyways is gorgeous.

We went independly, booked a place on the web and took a cheapy flight to Athens, bus to Piraeus and then 6 hour ferry to Paros. Its a long journey but how could you be bored sitting on the Express Artimis in the sunshine watching the Greek Islands pass by.
Visited Naxos last year and loved it. Have a look at http://delboy85.tripod.com/naxos

Derek.
why bother with a package to naxos?? just get a flight to athens then the ferry a fast ferry takes only 4 hours. you can easily book rooms when you are there and if you dont like it you can go to another island. the good thing about naxos its so central to the other islands that you are only a few hours away from santorini and mykokos. but naxos is a great island. so im sure you will love it :D
We have just booked to go to Naxos and you are right, not many tour operators go there. we found only Kosmar and the weeks we wanted (2 weeks in August) were fully booked. We have booked flights to Mykonos and accomodation at Anna studios that I found on the web. We will have to get to the port and accross on the ferry under our own steam but the owners of Anna studios will pick us up on Naxos.
So it is all a bit of an adventure as we usually have a package to Greece. We have had hols in Berlin and Majorca this year that we have booked the same way and have saved hundreds of pounds! We would have saved more on Naxos if we had booked earlier.
Good luck - Tessa
I agree with Deniz.

We will be going for the fifth year in succession in September. We always fly to Athens, bus to Piraeus and catch the ferry (the slow one takes about 6 hours, the fast one 4). We get the slow one.

We stay at the Plaka Beach studios, about 15 minutes from the port. They come and collect. They have a website and are very good value as is the whole island.

As it is central to the Cyclades you can get ferries to virtually all the other islands.

Go for it and have a great time.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.