Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Naxos
12 Posts
Helen,
our last visit to Naxos in 2010 was part of an island hopping trip put together by Greek Sun. We usually find packages are cheaper than DIY but this could be because we dont book far in advance. Olympic, Sunvil & Greek Sun (probably others) all do packages to Naxos. Its possible to get a flight with Olympic Airways from Athens but the cheapest way if you book early is to get a flight to Santorini or Mykonos and take the ferry. We found Greek Sun to be quite expensive, the flight outbound was to Santorini & return from Athens with Easyjet.
Thanks for the info :tup Do you know when Olympic Holidays 2012 holidays are out?
Probably towards the end of the year, best to contact them.
You should definately try independent. If youre travelling from LGW. Try Easyjet to either Mykonos or Santorini, then ferry across. If youre travelling from MAN, again Easyjet - Athens and perhaps ferry or fly to naxos from there.

Have a look at your accommodation from http://www.booking.com and type in the resort. whether it be Naxos town or Mikri Vigla, youre sure to love it. If you take the ferry, there is also a chance to visit an island or two on the way down/across.

I think you can save alot more money this way.
Thanks both. We'd have to travel from Wales to the airport, so the easiest journey over would suit us best.
As we have to travel during the school holidays, would any of you have any idea of the price of flights to Santorini with Easyjet? Wow just had a look at the same dates this year - silly prices £407.50pp :really
As we have to travel during the school holidays, would any of you have any idea of the price of flights to Santorini with Easyjet? Wow just had a look at the same dates this year - silly prices £407.50pp

They will be, it's close to the date of travel. The really cheap prices can only be had as soon as they release those flights for booking, so it's a case of monitor & go for it immediately they appear.
Sorry - It would be next summer I'd be looking at, that's why I asked if anyone would have an idea of the sort of price when the flights are first released.
Im going on Friday, MAN-ATH-MAN, and we booked in early January. We paid £600, for two Adults, one child and one infant return for 19 days. If you book just after Christmas, it should cost around £150 return per Adult.
I always book a seperate fly and search for a hotel because I'm familiar to Naxos..
Hello!I am looking for some advice as it is our first time to Greece. My children and I (15 and 6) want to visit Athens and one of the Greek islands, Naxos. As well as a day trip to Santorini from Naxos. I want to spend at least 3-4 days in Athens and the remaining 10 days on Naxos.My question is; would it be better to fly from the UK to Athens, then Athens to Naxos straight away (where I will spend the 10 days) and then we stay in Athens for 3-4 daysOr shall we start with Athens and then Naxos? Also, for Athens to Naxos, is a ferry or flight cheaper? Lastly, when traveling with children, is it better for the hotel to be all inclusive, half-board, bed and breakfast or self catering?Would appreciate some advice on this. Thank you!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.