America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
Ask the question first - then you don't waste $20

fwh
Yes, I used it in Las Vegas lat year and got an upgrade, it worked like a dream. ;)
Cerberos
Plenty of people try it, don't get the upgrade and the receptionist still takes the $20.....after all, what are you going to say?

Personally I just ask if there's any chance of an upgrade

TC
It depends on the hotel whether or not it would work.

It worked for us at Planet Hollywood. I was happy to pay $20 for what it got me. Others will say don't bother paying. At the right hotel I'd do it. At the Orleans however it won't do anything for us, Platinum I doubt it will work and we have already paid for an upgrade, then at MGM we have also paid for a Celeb Spa Suite and that's exactly what we want.

Why not check the success rates at the particular hotel and use that info to judge?
I got an free upgrade with the online booker (expedia i think) and then used the 20 to upgrade again separately.

Put 20 on counter and ask for upgrade, some ppl do this and then pocket it after getting upg which is mean.

Do not be secretive about it, like hiding it in a passport, put it in plain sight so everyone including security cameras see it. If he can give you an upg, he/shre will do it and thank you for the tip. (They have flexibility and the hotel sees it as a tip (which it is)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.