Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
I was just there last week. everything looked fine to me I herd there was alot of damage but nothing visable to me. It is beautiful there!!!! We had no problems driving there from altea,
Hi Leyland Lass ... although it was the flooded streets of Benidorm which attracted more media coverage at the time, the impact of the flooding was much more severe in towns such as Calpe. Hundreds of premises were damaged there, cars were destroyed, and I believe the rail line was closed for a couple of months due to its unstable condition. Hopefully everything is back to normal again now.

Market day is Saturday, I believe. The bus station is a little bit of a walk out of the town centre, the train station is even further out. You would probably need to take a bus or taxi between the train station and town.

You can take a cruise to Calpe from the port in Benidorm Old Town. The scenery along the coast is quite amazing. It is a very pleasant walk then along the paseo from Calpe harbour into the town. However, the cruise timetable may not allow you to spend very long there. There would certainly be enough time to have a walk around the harbour and lunch in one of the nearby restaurants. But if you wanted to spend more time along in the town, then it might be best to consider cruising just one way, and then returning to Benidorm via bus or train.

David :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.