Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Calpe
10 Posts
I haven't stayed there but I've driven there for the day. It's an easy drive, just take the motorway (AP-7 towards Valencia) until you see the Calpe turn off. You can't really miss Calpe for the obvious reason. It's a toll road so you'll need a few euros (I think it's about £4) and takes about 50 minutes. Don't be tempted to come off before the toll section starts and use the coast road because it takes forever.
as Colin has said ..easy road
E15/AP7 ,come off at the Junction sign posted Altea ,then take the N332 into Calpe ,(about 10mins from the Junction ) ,excellent views on this bit of road

not heard of that hotel ,where abouts is it ?
Exit 64 off the motorway, Calpe is 7km from there.

The toll is 3.95euro.

Don't know that hotel though, sorry.

We go the 26th. :D
thanks i will print this off glad i now know to get some euros for the toll road. never been before so will post my verdict on calpe and the hotel when we return.

:lol:
Calpe's a lovely place. Very quiet though, obviously not to everybody's taste. Hope you enjoy it as much as we do! :D
If you fancy going to the top of the Penon, you can save a long walk from sea level by driving up to a car park at the entrance of the nature reserve. You can then get to quite spectacular viewing points without any real climb, or you can brave the slog right to the top! :oops: :oops: Take refreshments!
it doesnt actually take that long on the coast road. it takes me about 40 minutes on a scooter so would take about 25 minutes in a car from benidorm and there are some really scenic views
The last time I drove through Altea on that road we couldn't keep pace with a hundred year old spaniard on his pushbike, never mind a scooter. Almost everytime I've driven through there it has been nose to tail. The "scenic views" don't really start until after the other road joins anyway.
haha i know exactly what you mean Colin ,coming off at the Altea junction she will miss that bit anyway ,and thats when the scenic road starts
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.