General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
we have to plan ours out quite well as we both have to fit holidays not only around each other to make sure we can get the same dates (!) but also around other people within the companies we work for.
We are planning a scuba diving liveaboard in Sudan for next year at some point...and maybe another trip to Thailand and if we can afford it, squeeze a cheapy in to Malta or one of the Canary Islands.....
Working in a school, I have to go in peak season- luckily hubby's had no problems so far getting the same dates off. I always like to book early to make sure I get what I want. We came back from this year's Easter break about 10 days ago and i will hopefully be booking next Year's easter getaway in the next couple of weeks. Not sure where yet.

we normally go as a group of 4 or 6 adults but I'm quite looking forward to 2 weeks this summer just hubby and me. I will wait to see how that goes before we decide whether we want to repeat the experience :yikes or revert to our group holidays. We do have fun but it is nice to get away on our own occasionally. We had a lovely time the last time it was just the two of us but that was about 4 years ago :think
We've already booked our holiday/honeymoom to Costa Rica for next Feb - can't wait!
i also work in a school so have to go peak season, hubby isnt too bad, i book somewhere, tell him the dates he fills in hol form at work, wether they like it or not ;) next year my daughter who will be 14 doesnt want to come with us, my son who will be 18 but has special needs will be coming with us but we are undecided where to go, we love greek islands and want to try a different one just no idea which one
Both hubby & I now work in a school, so our choices of dates are limited. We're thinking of trying Egypt next Easter. However before I think about that I have to pay for this years summer holiday to Kephalonia. Lancslass- this will be our 1st time to Kephalonia, although we've been to many others.
Well I have one definite, my son is getting married in Nissi Beach Cyprus, this will be a very different holiday for me as we always travel Long Haul, we will be having another holiday too, I am leaning towards Nepal ... but we'll see :think
ooooh Nepal..now that does sound interesting... :think

I think a trip to Base camp sounds right up our street...if we was fit enough...

What makes you think of Nepal Shirleyv???
The Maldives plus we will try and fit in a holiday to somewhere in Greece :tup

Graham
I also work in a school so we go end of July beginning of August time as it's also closedown for where my husband works.

For once we have no idea where we will go next year so are going to save up as usual but are looking at booking something after Christmas instead of when the holidays are first released. I have been keeping a close eye on prices and although not by much our holiday has been cheaper than we paid for the last six months or so now so I know that booking early is not always the best policy(unless it's a DIY).
Hopefully back to Kenya and the Masai Mara / Mombassa for us, haven't thought about later in the year as yet.

Darren
Booked Torremilonos for February and now looking at booking something for October 2011 as well :tup
i have had a peak at some of the online prices and i have to say, especially on long haul the prices seem to have increased for summer, this might be due to the passanger air duty increasing though. so far we have booked 2 weeks in march at dreams la romana in punta cana, it was a great price when we booked last month and has since risen nearly £300 per couple so im pleased we bit the bullet and booked early :tup
Well, we've just booked for Kos next May, 1st time there since 2005 & can't wait :cheers
We're going to Gran Bahia Principe, La Romana next month, first time to Dominican Rebpulic.

We're also going on the Ocean Farewell Cruise to Singapore in October, 26 nights in total...... it's a good year for holidays :)
Can't even make my mind up if it's going to be short or long haul :que
Booked for Cuba in March and will probably go to Portugal in April and Lanzarote in September.
Hubby and I are toying with the idea of travelling around Goa for 3 weeks end of January into Feb. I have booked 3 weeks off from work, and luckily hubby's self employed so can more or less take time off whenever. We were set on Goa but recently read on here, that a lot of people are saying that the old Goa is no longer there, and things are changing (not for the better) so not sure now what to do. We picked up a couple of brochures for cruises around the carribean, but Goa is still stuck in our minds.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.