General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
We're going to Filey in June on a Sun holiday.
It's about all we can afford this year.

Mark
we are looking at greece as well i think the way the euro is going though it will be expensive everywhere especially Cyprus so unless we get a good bargain it looks like alikes/ alykanas.
lindsay :cry
aw, bless you, mark, I'm sure you will have a great time ! Used to go there as a kid, loved it !
Regards trying new places, its gotta be done, big world out there and we try not to compere places, although, yeah, we have had some duff holidays and sometimes wished we'd gone back to where we've had a great time, but, more often, we've gone to new places and glad we did !
we are trying out Fuengirola this summer, never been, but I'm sure it'll be great.
go for it !
p.s, went to skiathos about 20 years ago and absolutely loved it, its probably changed a bit in that time, but it was my favourite greek island.
Why particularly Cyprus? yes it cost a little more to get here, as it is further to fly, but prices here are on par with Greece and cheaper that mainland Greece, just a thought..
Im having a rest from Cyprus this year after two wonderful weeks last September in Protaras. Im trying Skiathos in August for a change. Does anyone else try different places and how do they compare.

careful remember your trip to zakynthos, i personally do try different places and as my little girl is getting older and cockier we can now try more off beat or potentiallyinteresting areas although i have been ordered by her to do another trip to egypt.
I keep meaning to try different places and further than that - a totally different holiday experience. My holidays are mainly beach/sunbathing although I always do some siteseeing. I am off to Turkey again this year but always stay in a different resort (does that count?) although I am obsessed with gulet holidays and I'm going on my fifth later on in the year!

I was getting in to the habit of going to the South of France every year because a friend lives there and I only have to pay for flight, but I thought I was missing out on other places. Turns out since then I've been going to Turkey.

I have visited quite a few Greek isles, Spain and balearics, Canaries over the years, Italy once.

There are so many places I want to go to and things I want to see, including city breaks and holidays that are not based around the beach. I will diversify one of these days!
This is the first holiday with my boyfriend..apart form 4 days camping last year and Amsterdam city break this year.

We have both done various Greek Isles, Cyprus, Spain, Canaries and he lived in Italy for 18 months so we took ages to decide where to go. (He has also done Far East and America).

Initially we looked at Morocco, then Greece but to somewhere neither of us has been. Eventually though we decided on Turkey as both really wanted to go there and the price for 2 weeks was so good.

Off on 21 June and cannot wait. We have loads of places we would like to go to and are determined to slowly get them ticked off our list!!!
We usually go to Benidorm but have tried other places, Ibiza, Majorca, salou but prefer Benidorm as it caters for our needs as a family. We are giving it a miss this year and are trying Cyprus. If we like it we may try a different part of the island next year, if not, it's back to Beni. :D
there is nowhere quite like benidorm, its unique, which part of cyprus are you going to?
Benidorm is another of those places I would like to try.

There are sooooo many.
daveeboy wrote:
there is nowhere quite like benidorm, its unique, which part of cyprus are you going to?

Totally agree. We are off to Protaras.

SandC wrote:
Benidorm is another of those places I would like to try.

There are sooooo many.

Make sure you go to Benidorm, it's brill. :D
hi
we tried a change from cyprus last year & went to rhodes, Atlantica appts, had a wonderful time, but this year its back to cyprus. trying pissouri for the first time. The euro exchange rate is worrying me though, :think is it gonna get much worse???

gazz
well guys i lied we just got a good deal to macronissos village in ayia napa £1484 for four adults and one infant 2 x 1 bedroom apartments!!! on 31st may for a fortnight!!!! couldn't get anything for alikes/alykanas under £450 each!!! so cyprus here we come again!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.