Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Contact your credit card supplier.

fwh
...or ring them on Monday as you were told when Accounts are open. Perhaps they can sort it out then.
I have contacted my credit card and put a stop on any transactions from Hayes and Jarvis as I have not authorised it and I will ring on Monday as told just so annoyed with Hayes and Jarvis and think they have a cheek! If I had written to them and said the holiday was now cheaper I want some money back what would they have replied? I have an invoice from them dated Decamber saying all monies paid in full so how can they ask for more now.
That sounds outrageous if they are saying they want £81 more than was shown on the invoice.

But have you checked your card statements - is it possible that they originally took £81 less than was on the invoice and now want to correct it? In that case they may have a point but it's a shoddy way to do business.
Slighty off topic but I have a hotel invoice which I paid by CC while on a business trip, the invoice includes the authorisation details of the card transaction but the amount has never hit my credit card statement.

I have spoken to my credit card company who have no trace of the transaction, I have also spoken to the hotel and they are investigating at their end, however when speaking to the credit card company under law the hotel has 10 years to make the claim for payment.

Hopefully it will be on this months statement as I am in the middle of changing credit cards and will be closing this account in the next two months.

Dave
Hi I have got it sorted this morning and they have now written off the amount, how they thought they could charge me after all this time I do not know, some people probaly just read the letter and accept it so they do get some money back. They have a problem where staff have not been putting the credit card charge through but that is down to training and they should not pass this on to customers after the holiday has been taken and the final balance paid.
Thankk goodness they waived it. :tup At least natural justice prevalled for once.

What a cheek coming after something like that 6 months down the line, I'm glad you didnt just accept it. It's shoddy workmanship on their behalf and they should not make the customer bear the cost.
What a cheek coming after something like that 6 months down the line,

Whilst I may agree that it is a bit late in the day for them to request this, what about the other way round?

If the OP had found they had applied the charge twice should they have been refunded?

They have waived the charge having found their staff were not applying it - I wonder just how much is involved in total - and have accepted the fault is their own. Although the customer was aware at the time of booking the charge was due, had they spotted it had not been applied and said nothing?

Technically they would have been within their rights to ask for it but have done the decent thing. Well done H&J - shows not every company is as grasping as is sometimes made out.

fwh
I beg to differ with you fwh I was given a price to pay that as far as I was aware included the card charge, that was a deposit and paying in full for my flights. I paid the balance 8 weeks later after a final invoice from them and this time paid by debit card so as not to get charged. I was unaware until Saturday that a card charge was not paid because I just paid what they asked for. I was not given a breakdown of charges.

I think they are money grabbing and they only dropped the charges as I took legal advice before I rang them and knew what I was talking about, some people will just pay it. They also kept my credit card details which is wrong.

Yes they have waived them but perhaps they should have looked at this before they sent out the kind of letter I recieved no signature, no sorry this has happened.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.