DIY Holidays

Discussion relating to DIY holidays
Not sure I understand you....Are you saying they have changed your holiday from 20th June to 4th July to 23rd June to 7th july?
If so, does this suit you? Are you able to get the time off work?
I am sure I read on this forum somewhere, that if you booked all parts of the holiday with the same company, then it is classed as a package holiday and the same rules apply. - I am sure one of the 'experts' on this will come online and let you know if this is the case.
If the holiday does not suit anymore, I am sure you can get back any monies paid and a further amount as compensation.....
Hiya.

Thanks for getting back to me.

They stated that the "flights" have changed but this has resulted in a change of holiday dates.

It doesn't suit as much as I did book the holiday based on that being the only two weeks my boyfriend could get off work.

It is more of an inconvenience than anything else because I am missing 1 & 1/2 days of the holiday with these new flights as I won't arrive until the morning of my 2nd day - not ideal as you save up all year for 2 weeks away and I won't even get that.

Just to add - I would rather have better flights more like the ones I origionally had than get any money back because I got an alright deal and wouldn't be able to book anything else with the prices shooting away up.
If your flight is 10pm and you arrive at hotel at 6am the next day, you will be able to get into your room straight away, -you will only miss the first half day of your holiday?
I agree about cancelling now, as I'm sure you won't get as good a deal unless you look for something last minute and of course there are no guarantees you will get anything.

What have the travel company said about this?

Denny
greatlatedeals.co.uk received a phone call at 9am this morning from me.

My flights have changed - NOT MY ACCOMODATION OR TRANSFERS.

So I have flights for 23rd June - 7th July

And accommodation and transfers for 20th June - 4th July.

They said there will be a charge for those to be changed even though the fault is not on my part.

Anyone got any idea where I stand?

Edit - they did offer me a refund on the flights to find a suitable flight on the 20th to tie in with the accommodation and transfers but I got the flights at a cheap price so wouldn't be able to find something suitable as they have all gone up now by about £150 per seat
What a nightmare!!!! As I said before, I think that if you book all parts of your holiday with the same company, you have the same rights as a package holiday. In which case they can't do that!! (regardless of what they say)
I would open a new thread on holiday complaints on this site and see what response you get from the holiday truthers that read that thread, they are very helpful and know a lot more than I do.....
Denny
Can't remember the ins and outs of what consistute a package, but if you access the Safe and Sound booklet by clicking on the link in my signature, I'm sure it is explained in there.

luci :wave
The big question (which we seem to have been asking a lot this month...) -

was it all on one invoice and one credit card transaction ?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.