Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Hi ILuvGoa, GonaLuvEgypt :lol:

The only thing I can help with is the Cairo trip.
The trip booked through Jolleys (beside Winter Palace) costs £110 per person.
You will get picked up at your hotel at about 5.15am and then fly to Cairo (aprox1hr flight) where you meet your guide and then go to see the Pyramids, The Sphinx, Cairo museum and also some shopping time in the famous bazaar.

You will also have lunch provided.

You will fly back and land in Luxor some time between 9pm and 11pm before getting transported back to your hotel.

We did this and everything was very well organised with no problems.

Graham
Graham, thanks for your post, will probably be able to find out the rest by going through all other posts :lol: Missus would not forgive me if we missed the pyramids :wink:
click here for weather in Luxor... you can also check the history of past years.
Thanks ElleDee, all starting to fall into place, like your avatar :D
You could also go independently quite easily. Go into the Egyptair office on the Corniche. You can hire a taxi for a day in Cairo for about 100 LE, if you need the name of a good driver drop me a p.m.

The Sonesta St. George is a 5* hotel, they have an International Buffet on a Tuesday evening which is absolutely fabulous with the biggest salad selection I have seen since coming to live in Egypt.
hi
on our first trip to luxor we went to cairo for a day, we used carlton wagons lit travel you can find them in the row of shops outside the old winter palace hotel on the main corniche in luxor. we had an excellent day were picked up at our hotel at around 6 for a 7am (i think) flight to cairo, takes about an hour, then met by our guide & driver, had a minibus to ourselves with the guide for the day. we went to the mohammed ali mosque,cairo museum ( dont miss it tutenkhamuns treasures are just out of this world) and then we finished up going to the pyramids & sphinx at giza, our driver then dropped us at the oberoi mena hotel which has a fab view of the pyramids from its gardens so we could relax & have a few drinks (expensive but hey once in a lifetime) before being picked up for our pm flight back to luxor.. this was about 3 yrs ago & cost us around £140 each.i think my memorys rubbish. but its well worth it.
our last trip to luxor we used the same local travel agent to go to aswan & abu simbel & i cant recommend them highly enough they were fantastic!!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.