Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
hi mandy and welcome to HT .

Yes it will be hot . I would take factor 20/30 minimum. if you are pale skinned higher as the sun is very strong in Egypt .
No they very rarely get rain so dont worry .

I believe the coral sea resort is next to the holiday vilage ( or maybe 1 away from it) so you are at the Nabq end of sharm where they have included some , shops bars and restaurants . Not sure how much but certainly somewhere to stroll around.

You could also get a taxi or hotel courtesy bus if they have one into Naama bay where you will find plenty more . Maybe 20 minutes or so from there.

lyn
Thanks Lyn,
this may sound a funny question,but do they get sharks in egypt. bit worried about going to far out just in case.
I went to mexico and only paddled :rofl :rofl . WAT AM I LIKE !!!!!

mandy
Yes, there are sharks in the Red Sea but we didn't see any. I believe there are Hammerheads out near Tiran Island and other types of shark throughout the Red Sea.
Pips stop it :rofl

With all the divers out there actually searching for one I cant see that they would be the type to do you any harm.

Just asked my hubby who dives and he agrees with Pips but the chances of actually seeing or finding one are very slim . If one is reported the divers will all be heading off to try to find it and it really would be classed as a "Wow" moment and not a :yikes one .

Please please dont worry about going in the sea.
Recently came back from the Nabq end of Sharm and dont remember any reports of Sharks :yikes Also if you just intend to swim and enter the sea from the beach you will be fine as at that end the depth of the water increases very gradually and is clear so you can see what is around you.

We walked along to your hotel as there is a prom that runs along between the beach and the hotels in Nabq, which is nice for a walk after dinner. You have the Oriental Hotel next to you then the Laguna Vista Hotel then the Holiday Village.

If you come out of the fronts (ie reception end) of all these hotels on the opposite side of the road are a couple of new malls which are also nice to stroll to. They call one an Egyptian Mall and one an English Mall, not sure why as they seemed similar to me. They were both very quiet though. If you like lively and a bit of barter I think you might be better off taking a cab to Naama Bay, unless we were there at a particularly quiet time.

Hope you have a great time.

Doe :wave
Lyn, seriously, there are sharks out there! We need Alan or Ev to post, they'll know ;)
You'll be very lucky to see a shark off the beach - on't even stat to worry. Mostly they prefer deep water with a good current.
Anyway the statistic that is often quoted is that more people on tropical holidays are killed by falling coconuts than shark attacks.

In the water you should be a little careful of Stonefish, Lionfish, Scorpionfish - all of which have poisonous spines, yet I've never known anyone injured by one (so far), and Sea urchins (not nice to sit on, even in a 5mm wetsuits - I've done it).

The most dangerous part of a holiday in Egypt is probably the trip to the airport, Egyptian drivers are notorious but British roads are busy...

:sun2 Roll on July...
Hi all
Thanks for all the replys. I know im just being an idiot :duh . Looking forward to going, whats the weather like at the moment there. :sun2 :sun2
Is the coral sea resort and the coral sea oriental, the same hotel.
mandy
Weather is very hot, usually 85-90 in the day, every day gets hotter through the summer months. Luckily Egypt is a year round destination, always 70 plus. I found in May the evening made you feel a bit sticky, maybe humidity i am not sure.

Michelle x
No different hotels Mandy . The coral sea Imperial was formally known as the Conrad.
Can you dress as you want outside hotels or do you need to cover up, are you made to feel unconfortable in beachy clothes. :tut .
Does anyone know what the entertainment is like in coral sea resort. it says there are all different types of stuff . what time about does it all end.
thanks mandy
There is a topic dedicated to the coral sea resort here Mandy that may be able to help you .http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=41951
Hi all,
can anyone tell me wether you need to wear long trousers for dinner at coral sea resort. my hubbie dont want to bother taking any otherwise.
thanks mandy
Hi Mandy ... as lynwestie has mentioned, there is a dedicated CORAL SEA RESORT Q&As topic which currently covers the period 2007 to present day, where you may find some useful info and feel free to post any specific questions.

David :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.